Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my 2015 Soul last January and the salesman was showing the car to me he raised the rear lid and showed me the air pump and can of fix a flat he said there was no spare and this is what kia was doing now. It was not a deal breaker so i said ok.Well i got to thinking i really would feel better with a spare or emergency tire in the car so i started shopping and found a spare tire kit on ebay for 170 dollars shipped to my door.I got an email saying it was on the way
so i decided to look and see how it would fit after removing the flip up cover and taking out the Styrofoam divider
to my amazement there was the spare and all the tools to change the tire. Now I will have two doughnut spare kits
any one out there need one? $150 shipped.

·
Registered
847 Posts
$100 shipped ?

Just kidding but I am sure someone around here needs one.

Mark

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I bought my 2015 Soul last January and the salesman was showing the car to me he raised the rear lid and showed me the air pump and can of fix a flat he said there was no spare and this is what kia was doing now. It was not a deal breaker so i said ok.Well i got to thinking i really would feel better with a spare or emergency tire in the car so i started shopping and found a spare tire kit on ebay for 170 dollars shipped to my door.I got an email saying it was on the way
so i decided to look and see how it would fit after removing the flip up cover and taking out the Styrofoam divider
to my amazement there was the spare and all the tools to change the tire. Now I will have two doughnut spare kits
any one out there need one?
Exactly the same thing with me ! We shoulda looked first . But my Son sold my extra one for 200.00 so it all worked out ok .

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
any one out there need one?
Since you've got 2 donuts, why not get some coffee?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am in serious need of it but I cannot trust it to fit my car. Plus if I'm going to pay $100+ I'd rather sink that money into a full size spare.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I am in serious need of it but I cannot trust it to fit my car. Plus if I'm going to pay $100+ I'd rather sink that money into a full size spare.
Call Jason @ 501-835-5209 . @ A A auto , he will send you a nice used compact spare for 70.00 shipped & it will be correct .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does he have a website? I'm THISCLOSE to getting a 16 inch rim for $85 and hanging a used tire on it.

I am finding out that a 205-55-r16 tire is not rare. The 16 inch rim is not rare. The 5 by 114.3 bolt pattern is not rare.

But all of those things in the same wheel? EXTREMELY RARE!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does he have a website? I'm THISCLOSE to getting a 16 inch rim for $85 and hanging a used tire on it.

I am finding out that a 205-55-r16 tire is not rare. The 16 inch rim is not rare. The 5 by 114.3 bolt pattern is not rare.

But all of those things in the same wheel? EXTREMELY RARE!
Actually the base Acura RSX (and likely Honda Civic) in the 2005 timeframe used that tire and wheel size. But don't forget that you also need to consider the OFFSET. The Acura is +45 mm, and it appears the Soul is the same. I plan to check tonight, but it sure looks like my RSX snow tires will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts