Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Well, it may be a 1st Gen Soul, but it's not a common car here in the USA. We don't have Diesels here!!!

I'm looking at those humongous calipers and wondering "Where are the brake Rotors"??? And of course, I'm wondering what
kind of Rotors you're using with those BIG calipers?

I replaced my own OEM front brake shoes with Wagner Ceramic's and my breaking power just doubled. I can't imagine you'd need anything more than that, unless you were doing some serious Road Racing.

Cheers Mate!
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Looking good! More details please...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok...today i finish the work but i need to install big brake master cylinder. The diameter of the oem master cylinder is 22mm, i think i need 23.8mm diameter.... 20180518_144237-1024x576.jpg 20180518_144242-1024x576.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,602 Posts
Looking good roby! They almost look too purdy to get dirty.

Very nice work.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
He's got soooo much brake power (4 piston calipers) up front, he can save weight by removing the rears!
That soul will be doing brakies on demand!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has anyone ever had braking problems with the factory system?

These look good but are they really necessary? We're talking about a 2800 pound car.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Has anyone ever had braking problems with the factory system?

These look good but are they really necessary? We're talking about a 2800 pound car.
Necessary? No... not at all. Are they awesome though, heck yes. An upgrade to brakes is not REALLY a wasted upgrade... stoppping on a dime is always great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
after having drained all 4 brake calipers well, now the pedal is hard as originally, I do not think I will change the brake pump because it is not necessary. Braking is modulated during normal use but when you ask the maximum from the brakes they respond with incredible stopping power !!
Im very happy...

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,602 Posts
Nice work roby. I'd love to spend a day driving a turbo diesel Soul. Molto divertente!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts