Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Kia Soul ! for a little over a month and the blue tooth has now erased ALL my contacts on my Samsung Flight Cell Phone.:eek: BUYER BEWARE!! If you have a Samsung Cell Phone - I would be very careful about using the blue tooth on your Soul. It takes your contact names (ie. "Transfer Complete") from your phone automatically and if you do something wrong during this process you will end up with ALL of your contacts wiped clean from the SIM Card on your phone like me... BUMMER! :mad:
Please reply if you have had the same problem or any advice for me - Thanks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I also would like to know if this has happened to anybody else. This is the first I've heard of it.

But first off, welcome to our little forum, and I do hope you become a positive contributor.
Now I wasn't aware that Bluetooth had those kind of permissions programmed to allow a headset, or in this case, a car to delete contacts from a phone. I've had several phones paired to my car including some samsung phones, and I've never had a except for one. As far as I know, Bluetooth has the capability to read files and to save them, but not modify in any way. Have you had this checked out by the dealer? Was the system ever working correctly? How did you conclude that the cars system was at fault?

The process in which the system is transferring contacts is fairly simple, and you can't really do anything to make it malfunction. I did have a samsung phone that just wouldn't work correctly with the system because it was incompatible. But it never erased contacts. I'm very sorry to hear that has happened.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have a Samsung Mantra, through Virgin Mobile. Other than some problems with people on the other end understanding me, it has worked as it should.

It seems odd, with my Samsung it requires verification to erase a contact. My money is on the phone being at fault, not the car's Bluetooth.

This is a good example of why you should have a backup or hard copy of contacts, if you couldn't easily locate them on your own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kia Soul Bluetooth Erased Contacts from my Cell phone?!

First off, my contacts were not backed up on SIM Card on phone which is my fault. Admittedly this may have prevented them being wiped clean from my phone and I am also not 100% sure the Soul bluetooth is the culprit for ALL my contacts disappearing from my phone. What I do Know is that on the morning of the day I noticed ALL contacts gone from phone I think I hit one of the buttons on the steering while Soul was performing the annoying "Transfer Complete" thing it does whenever I turn it on with my cell phone in the car... I know it stores the names of my contacts in the car so I can voice dial by name while driving. (of course this is not the best feature because the car often does not understand the name I am trying to call) The phone was in my possession at all times and I did nothing unusual with the phone that day. I only know my contacts are gone and the only thing I can logically figure out is that somehow during that "Transfer" of my contacts over the bluetooth in the Soul they were somehow removed from the phones' memory. I would LOVE to find another explanation and talked at length with both AT&T and Samsung without even mentioning Soul Bluetooth suspicion and NO ONE has any idea why this would happen and there seems to be NO HISTORY of it happening to ANYONE Else... :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
bluetooth mic problem???

Hey guys, im totally new on this forum, just bought my 2011 KIA soul two days ago, absolutely love it. When i test drove the same model just different color I actually linked my phone to thw radio to try it out, so I know how to do it, but my issue is is that it seems like the mic doesn't work at all, it doesnt seem to pick up what im saying and it can be quite frustrating.
Any tips? I'm probably gonna take it in to be looked at.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Did you turn the volume up? The volume for the stereo and bluetooth are separate. Read the manuals. Or do a search here, as I'd have to do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bluetooth

My biggest problem with the phone is the "dial by name." I haven't yet managed to call someone correctly using the name feature. Dialing by number works wonderfully, but I guess I haven't mastered the proper tone to get it to understand me! :D

This is my first car with the bluetooth phone, though, and overall I'm loving it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Samsung Sunburst here....no problems at all. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've use a couple of work issued Samsung phones connect with no issue. Call by name, call by number, all no problems. It is the most flawless bluetooth system I have dealt with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kbme38, you've finally got some back-up. I just purchased a 2011 Optima, and I had the same issue. I have a Samsung Solstice and the bluetooth system was working perfectly, then two days later I tried to "call by name" and there were no results found. I was still able to call by number because all of the numbers were there, but every single name associated with them was gone. kbme38 please let me know if you have found a solution to this problem, or if it has happened again to you.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
It has to do with the SIM card, not the Soul. It just happened to me. Your contacts are there, you just need to get them back on the phone from the SIM. Do the following...

Copy numbers from the device to a SIM card:

1. From the standby screen, tap Menu.
2. Tap Address Book.
3. Scroll to and tap SIM Management.
4. Tap Copy Contacts to SIM.
5. Scroll to and check the desired contact(s), then tap Copy.
NOTE: A contact stored on the device may include more than one phone number. It also may contain e-mail, fax, or other information. A contact stored on the SIM card, however, is limited to the contact's name and one phone number.

Copy numbers from a SIM card to the device:

1. From the standby screen, tap Menu.
2. Tap Address Book.
3. Scroll to and tap SIM Management.
4. Tap Copy Contacts from SIM.
5. Scroll to and check the desired contact(s), then tap Copy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey guys, im totally new on this forum, just bought my 2011 KIA soul two days ago, absolutely love it. When i test drove the same model just different color I actually linked my phone to thw radio to try it out, so I know how to do it, but my issue is is that it seems like the mic doesn't work at all, it doesnt seem to pick up what im saying and it can be quite frustrating.
Any tips? I'm probably gonna take it in to be looked at.
The pickup mocrophone is over your head right behind the sunvisor. You have to speak fairly loud for it to pick up properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth Problems

I am new to this site also. I actually don't have a Kia Soul, but I just bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 3 weeks ago with Bluetooth cababilities. I also have a Samsung Flight phone, like the previous poster, and my address book has been erased three times now--all since I started using the Bluetooth setup in my car. Thankfully, I had everything backed up on my SIM card, but this is frustrating because it also erases my speed dial and my favorites settings. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It seems that Kia's bluetooth system hates samsung phones. I had a samsung that wouldn't pair properly. A multitude of system complaints have come from samsung owners. I know SOME samsung phones work fine, but definitely not all.

Advice? Get a different brand of phone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts