Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 SX L. What is my best option to charge my phone? 120w, USB, 180w? And if the USB is unavailable, would I use the 120w or 180w? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Generally speaking, I charge my phone using a USB converter on the 180 w plug. I just tried to find it in the manual but could not seem to locate where I read that the reason for the 180 w plug was to charge the new smart phones that did not charge as fast on the standard USB.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
120 watts is 10 amp, 180 watts is 15 amps. Therefore, either outlet will charge your phone, as long as your converter puts out 5 volts and around 2 amps.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I have a 2015 SX L. What is my best option to charge my phone? 120w, USB, 180w? And if the USB is unavailable, would I use the 120w or 180w? Thanks
as we mentioned to you earlier, put in 2015 SX Luxury (also the colour too), in your Drive info and then you won't have to keep telling us what you have with each posting, also where in Ontario - thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as we mentioned to you earlier, put in 2015 SX Luxury (also the colour too), in your Drive info and then you won't have to keep telling us what you have with each posting, also where in Ontario - thanks.
If you have something to say about the topic, great please do. But you shouldn't fill topics with UN related posts. Unrelated posts in someone's topic is the reason why it's hard to find things with the search function.
I don't mind adding the year of my car in my topics if need be, it obviously doesn't bother me as much as you. I will add that info to my profile, and when I do (whenever that is), I will let you know.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you have something to say about the topic, great please do. But you shouldn't fill topics with UN related posts. Unrelated posts in someone's topic is the reason why it's hard to find things with the search function.
I don't mind adding the year of my car in my topics if need be, it obviously doesn't bother me as much as you. I will add that info to my profile, and when I do (whenever that is), I will let you know.
He's just stating to fill out your profile to make it easier for folks to give correct help/advice. Instead of reading through text we can quickly see what/where/color.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It DOES bother us because so many answers depends on what year, model etc... Most boards have their reasons in asking for certain things to be done. It's not a crime when you don't fill it out, but why jump on him for reminding you.

I use the 180W for my Note 4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It DOES bother us because so many answers depends on what year, model etc... Most boards have their reasons in asking for certain things to be done. It's not a crime when you don't fill it out, but why jump on him for reminding you.

I use the 180W for my Note 4.
Thanks for the info. I think I will use the same.

And as of right now when I post a question, I include the year and model. I only need to be reminded once, not every topic I start. Like I said before, when I get around to it I will add that info to my profile. FYI, I have only used this forum on my mobile device and have not seen anywhere that gives me the option to add that info.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think I will use the same.

And as of right now when I post a question, I include the year and model. I only need to be reminded once, not every topic I start. Like I said before, when I get around to it I will add that info to my profile. FYI, I have only used this forum on my mobile device and have not seen anywhere that gives me the option to add that info.

It can't be done from mobile but...
Exit enhanced mobile view from the bottom link or the menu button. Top right, click on your profile. About me and edit there.

Don't worry, once you exit or close kia soul forums after a brief time it will tell you about the mobile view and ask you if you want to use it. I haven't found a way to re-enter mobile any other way yet.

I use mobile 90% also but do use the desktop site at times.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the 180 was put in there to use for the tire pump that came with the inflator kit in place of a spare tire.

Either will charge your phone as your charger regulates what gets to your phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts