Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Best hitch and bike rack

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tmartin 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Kia Soul! with every option. Because I have a sunroof, I can't have a roof rack. If someone has found a roof rack that works I'd like to know. I'd also like to know what hitch mount people use and what hitch bike racks they like the best.

#3 ·
I had my hitch installed by U-Haul ... not sure of the brand. I currently use a 1 Up bike carrier after having tried quite a few others which were deficient in various ways.

1UPUSA.com :: Bicycle Racks

Note that the rack when folded up against the bumper when not in use blocks the licence plate (cops don't like that) but it is so quick and easy to put the rack on and off the car that it is not an issue for me (just one or two turns with the special tool provided and it slides on/off the hitch).

#7 ·
This seems to be the best hitch/rack combination. Does anyone see any issues with this?

I'm looking to get a 2" hitch on a 2015 kia soul rated for 300lb tongue weight

2014-2019 Kia Soul EcoHitch

Bike Rack

Sport Rider SE4 Hitch Bike Rack 4 bikes, rack weight ~100 pounds shipping weight, rated for (4) 50 lb bike = 300 pounds total

Is the cantilever length of the rack an issue? I really like this rack because it can do either 2 or 4 bikes and bikes can have fenders. The rocky mounts 4 bike rack can not have fenders due to bar going over front tires. I would eventually like to take this rack to a larger vehicle so 2" hitch is critical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.