Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I read the posts about sound. It seems the European Soul's have better sound attenuation than the rest of the world. Do you agree?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, I can honestly say that from here I can't hear any European Souls, so I guess they are doing pretty well. Those Fiats though, are driving me nuts! All day long noise, noise, noise!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. The SmartAss Saftey Valve was about to blow off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
All I can say is that I'm very pleased and surprised by the lack of road / wind noise with my Tempest CRD and she's running the 18" wheels too. And for a budget category car the diesel engine is very refined even when starting from cold, in fact I would say that it's a lot quieter than the Toyota Lancruiser I used to run.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I can say is that I'm very pleased and surprised by the lack of road / wind noise with my Tempest CRD and she's running the 18" wheels too. And for a budget category car the diesel engine is very refined even when starting from cold, in fact I would say that it's a lot quieter than the Toyota Lancruiser I used to run.
That is a surprise for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I loved my Landcruiser but when cold the diesel engine would clatter quite a bit and that car cost over £30K compared to £13K for the Tempest.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I loved my Landcruiser but when cold the diesel engine would clatter quite a bit and that car cost over £30K compared to £13K for the Tempest.
Good point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts