Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it b easier to add a bazooka tube to my upgraded audio system. Would I just use the rear speaker wires? Not very good at sound system installation and would appreciate any help!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so connect rca wires from headunit to bazooka tube and that's it? Do you have any pics? Do you have it under the cargo liner or on top?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The stock headunit does not have RCA outputs so you are going to connect it with the "high level" connection ie splicing the speaker wires. Basically grab the speaker wires from the rear speakers and run it to the bazooka tube plus power, ground, and remote +12V turn on...hope that helps feel free to ask!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that doesn't seem as simple as corolla made it to be. Did you do this yourself itsthe kavorka? I guess i'll have to save up some money for professional installation

·
Registered
306 Posts
I found it easy on my frontier

Maybe you could swap out head unit if it does not come with rca inputs and outs. With the amp built in it saves alot of work. RCA's are way to go but im curious how tapping the speaker wire will work out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You could swap the headunit out like corolla said, thing is you lose bluetooth, steering wheel controls, etc...I would personally leave the headunit in place and connect it with the high level input. That is the proper integration of an aftermarket amp to a stock headunit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I think I'm gonna connect a high level input, I like the bluetooth and all the steering wheel controls. How much do you think it would cost if I take it to a professional? Just for the installation and wires. That'll give me an estimate in case they try to rip me off. I'll prob order the bazooka from amazon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When is used to do installs, the shop I worked at would charge 85 not including the wires. All you need is 8gauge power and ground and some extra speaker wire. Shop around but I cant see it being much more than that...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts