Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
馃槀馃槀馃槀

Thanks for that info Geo!
I did happen to find the longevity listed on their website as 5000+ jump starts. If I use it that much I might need a new battery. 馃槈

I'm leaning towards the Rezervo unit鈥攊t seems to be the simplest to use鈥攚hich will be helpful for the wife to use since she has a "condition" where her eyes glaze over at the slightest amount of mechanical instruction. The "idiot proof" aspect got me! 馃憤 馃榿
Haha, I hear you kerig. This is a pretty simple & slick unit. Basically open hood, clip black to black & red to red, push button. When light turns green, start car.

I only had a dead battery once when I was a teen in an old car. Since then being a nerd I'm aware of my battery state of health. But it still feels good to have a backup on hand, if not for me for another driver in need.

It's cool we can buy things like this. Supercapacitors supposedly can be charged millions of times. While they don't "store" energy as a battery, this unit says a single charge will hold 2-3 days & start up to 5 cars from that. That's impressive.

Registered
this unit says a single charge will hold 2-3 days & start up to 5 cars from that. That's impressive.

That is impressive!
The other unit I linked to, the Autowit, has a bunch of YT video reviews about it and in a few of them they said that the charge depletes within 10-15 minutes. Add that it's two units that need to be put together and is larger and more cumbersome鈥攎y mind's made up鈥擨'm going to get the Rezervo!
Thanks a bunch for all your help and testimony. 馃憤

Registered
...with a "replace battery" reading on my nifty tester. ...
Plan to get a battery load tester - your fault :) - to check my OEM battery.

The battery is either 6 years old (based on car manufacture date) or going on 7 years old (based on number etched on top of battery 01102013).

The vast majority of my driving is comprised of short (<20 minutes) in-town trips.

For the past several months, about every month on average I use a Battery Tender Jr to charge up the battery.

Registered
Plan to get a battery load tester - your fault :) - to check my OEM battery.

The battery is either 6 years old (based on car manufacture date) or going on 7 years old (based on number etched on top of battery 01102013).

The vast majority of my driving is comprised of short (<20 minutes) in-town trips.

For the past several months, about every month on average I use a Battery Tender Jr to charge up the battery.
I'm sorry Tosen :)

This is the one I got. .
Top Don.jpg

Registered
I think they meant the "power" part of power steering would be gone. I had to drive an old Ford wagon once without power steering & let's just say I now know why granny had such strong arms.
Yep, I drove a '27 Ford Model T once, it was rough without power steering;)Nonetheless, would the Soul electric power assisted steering react like hydraulic power steering? Just get stiff and hardo_Oto deal with..

Registered
Best Battery? I like this channel. He seems to do real world tests.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts