Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,100 Posts
Whew,,,,They found the problem....Loose ground wire....!! Thanks for all your input...appreciate it..!!
Another grounding wire issue...this problem seems to plague older Souls and is pretty well documented here. Such a simple fix.
I'm glad you got it taken care of. 👍

· Registered
1,100 Posts
I love my Kia
Now love it back: Feed it TopTier gas, check its oil levels weekly, change its oil often (6 months/3000 miles), use synthetic oil, and put a bottle of Techron in your gas at every oil change. Search any of these terms here in these forums for more in-depth info about how owners should properly maintain a GDI engine. The alternative could be a prematurely dead engine if not maintained faithfully.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Now love it back: Feed it TopTier gas, check its oil levels weekly, change its oil often (6 months/3000 miles), use synthetic oil, and put a bottle of Techron in your gas at every oil change. Search any of these terms here in these forums for more in-depth info about how owners should properly maintain a GDI engine. The alternative could be a prematurely dead engine if not maintained faithfully.
Synthetic oil.....??? Everything else I do....

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Synthetic oil.....??? Everything else I do....
These engines perform better using full synthetic oil. Synthetic oil holds up better in the long run and produces less carbon which can effect the valves over time, keeping them cleaner than they would be using standard "dino" oil. Kia recommends using full synthetic oil in these GDI engines.

Here's another suggestion; If you don't change your oil yourself, check your oil level immediately after your oil is changed. There have been many discussions here about oil levels being either higher or lower right after having an oil change, which you should have fixed before leaving the shop.

Have fun and enjoy your fun car! 😁👍

· Registered
491 Posts
"Kia recommends using full synthetic oil in these GDI engines."
My dealer claimed to use semi-synthetic (overfilled) each time.
So, now do my own and don't overfill;) Trust is earned.

· Registered
2 Posts
2014 Kia Soul Exclaim
Battery drain. Service guy says "something" may be draining the battery. Maybe electrical? No one seems to be able to locate the problem. Any suggestions?
I too had this problem and paid Kia to fix but they didn't fix the problem. Now years later after using a charger and changing the battery twice, my DH notice that I always use the park brake. He told me to stop unless I'm parked on a hill. I haven't had a dead battery since. Apparently using the emergency brake can drain the battery in two days.

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
9,065 Posts
I too had this problem and paid Kia to fix but they didn't fix the problem. Now years later after using a charger and changing the battery twice, my DH notice that I always use the park brake. He told me to stop unless I'm parked on a hill. I haven't had a dead battery since. Apparently using the emergency brake can drain the battery in two days.
Umm.....did you think to ask exactly HOW the parking brake is draining the battery? That's really the big question, because that is not normal.

I'm hoping he didn't try to sell you some vacation property in Florida as well :rolleyes:

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
9,065 Posts
It didn't cost me any money for that and yes that is not the problem. Give yourself a big pat on the back.
So, what was the problem? Can you share so the rest of us can learn from your battery drain situation?

· Registered
1 Posts
2014 Kia Soul Exclaim
Battery drain. Service guy says "something" may be draining the battery. Maybe electrical? No one seems to be able to locate the problem. Any suggestions?
Mine is same year and same problem
And just has breakdown out again
Now informed if you leave indicator stick down
2014 Kia Soul Exclaim
I
2014 Kia Soul Exclaim
2014 Kia Soul Exclaim
It's from leaving indicator on when switching engine off .. it leaves side lights in
Informed from breakdown today

21 - 36 of 36 Posts