Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2016 kia soul base. I would like to add the factory navigation system into this car. My question is are these cars prewired for all models or no? Has anyone done this before? I also want to add OEM fog lights and switch as my state requires fog light to work only on low beam. I just like the factory look on vehicles. I used to have a Silverado and everything was prewired and plug and play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Search function is your help, and no, it is not pre-wired, and why would you want that crappy system anyway. The thread below gives your the best bang for your buck and keeps things looking factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search. I didnt see anything stating someone had done it only about replacing with aftermarket units which I dont want to do. I'll take a look at the thread you attached. But you answered my main question about it not being prewired. If it's not then I wouldn't be able to go with the factory head unit. Thanks for the help. 😀

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,612 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2016 kia soul base. I would like to add the factory navigation system into this car. My question is are these cars prewired for all models or no? Has anyone done this before? I also want to add OEM fog lights and switch as my state requires fog light to work only on low beam. I just like the factory look on vehicles. I used to have a Silverado and everything was prewired and plug and play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum ford.

Xx is right, they aren't pre-wired across trims, sadly. It would have made alot of us owners happier with a plug & play experience (except for cruise control, which was).

You'll probably have better luck searching for head unit type replacements. There's some good ones on here (be sure to use Advanced Search by clicking the 3 dots in the upper left corner). Here's one I liked:

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/upgrading-4-lcd-uvo-head-unit-to-8-lcd-with-nav-and-still-retaining-uvo-features.90914/#post-1022938

·
Registered
429 Posts
I also want to add OEM fog lights
There have been attempts at this also. To get the factory look and integrated control for mentioned you would need to buy the factory light assemblies and the factory multi-stalk. Fill in the wiring as needed.
You will find threads about cruise helpful as they contain steering wheel and airbag disassembly instructions and photos. I would web search kia parts online. A quick search gave me part#Fog Lamp Assembly - Kia (92201-B2020) $92. I'm not sure if it comes with the bulb. Just the bulb is $21. That's just for the left side. Add in the multi-stalk and new factory is about $300. Salvage or replica is also an option, if available. I would consider exact fit aftermarket as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum ford.

Xx is right, they aren't pre-wired across trims, sadly. It would have made alot of us owners happier with a plug & play experience (except for cruise control, which was).

You'll probably have better luck searching for head unit type replacements. There's some good ones on here (be sure to use Advanced Search by clicking the 3 dots in the upper left corner). Here's one I liked:

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/upgrading-4-lcd-uvo-head-unit-to-8-lcd-with-nav-and-still-retaining-uvo-features.90914/#post-1022938
  1. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There have been attempts at this also. To get the factory look and integrated control for mentioned you would need to buy the factory light assemblies and the factory multi-stalk. Fill in the wiring as needed.
You will find threads about cruise helpful as they contain steering wheel and airbag disassembly instructions and photos. I would web search kia parts online. A quick search gave me part#Fog Lamp Assembly - Kia (92201-B2020) $92. I'm not sure if it comes with the bulb. Just the bulb is $21. That's just for the left side. Add in the multi-stalk and new factory is about $300. Salvage or replica is also an option, if available. I would consider exact fit aftermarket as well.
Awesome. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome. Thank you.
Isn't it a lot easier to just use a smartphone with the usb cable and use WAZE or Google Maps? It shows all the data on the built in screen no matter what size as long as you have capability built in and I think all the units have android auto or Apple carplay built in. It works well and you get free maps and traffic info included.

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
Isn't it a lot easier to just use a smartphone with the usb cable and use WAZE or Google Maps? It shows all the data on the built in screen no matter what size as long as you have capability built in and I think all the units have android auto or Apple carplay built in. It works well and you get free maps and traffic info included.
Not in a 2016 base radio I believe......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have factory nav in my 2015, and I use a cell phone with Google maps for navigation because the factory system is so inane to operate. Only when cell service is spotty do I use the factory system. Wish there was a way to add Apple Car Play to my unit, but no one I've talked with knows how to do that. It used to be offered as a free software upgrade, so I know it's possible ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have a 2018 base with a package that added a basic UVO radio and it has a choice of either. I got a android pnp DVD-radio from Aliexpress which allowed us to do either for our '14 Soul. Only the frame shape has changed some over the years. The rest seems to be the same. Try going to www.myuvo.com/software-update/index.shtml to check for upgrade, according to Kia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts