Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Soul for about 6 months now and I bought it brand new. About 3 months in, the EcoDynamics badge that only comes on the EX non-designer package has started falling apart and the dealership will not do anything to help me. I find it crappy that a brand new car has parts falling off of it and it isn't covered under warranty. My dealership just argues with me saying it could have been damaged by something hitting it when I keep the car in pristine condition.
IMG_20210529_130458.jpg

It looks like water got under the lamination and bubbled it up then it flaked off. I want to know if anyone else has had this problem so I can bring it up to the dealership and show them that its not just an isolated issue. Its a brand new car and I shouldn't have to drive it around with a piece of it falling apart.
kia-technology-ecodynamics-kv-m.jpg

This is what its supposed to look like.

·
Registered
2021 KIA Soul X-Line Neptune Blue w/Black Top. Vehicle Build Date 10/07/2020, purchased 12/30/2020.
84 Posts
That Sucks!

I had one badge like that on my Ford F-250 do that, but that vehicle is 19 years old and has lived all of its life outside in the hot Texas sun.

If your dealer is not helping then maybe a call or email the Kia cooperate will help.

If that fails and you want to replace it, you can get a replacement here:

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
127 Posts
Seriously, that is BS. Call KIA consumer affairs and let them know about this. That should be covered no questions asked after only 6 months

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don’t have a problem with my EX. But Kia should fix it. It reflects badly on Kia if not replaced.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had my Soul for about 6 months now and I bought it brand new. About 3 months in, the EcoDynamics badge that only comes on the EX non-designer package has started falling apart and the dealership will not do anything to help me. I find it crappy that a brand new car has parts falling off of it and it isn't covered under warranty. My dealership just argues with me saying it could have been damaged by something hitting it when I keep the car in pristine condition. View attachment 137170
It looks like water got under the lamination and bubbled it up then it flaked off. I want to know if anyone else has had this problem so I can bring it up to the dealership and show them that its not just an isolated issue. Its a brand new car and I shouldn't have to drive it around with a piece of it falling apart.
View attachment 137171
This is what its supposed to look like.
Mine is starting to look the same. Looks like water got into it. If it is just held on by 2 faced tape I am going to take the thing off. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would just take it off but it's kind of a unique badge and it's principle at this point. They've jerked me around and basically told me it's "not a sealed unit" so they're not responsible for weather damage to it. I said "then why did you put it on the outside of the vehicle!?!"

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Buy the new one and put it on the inside where it will be safe.
Maybe?

Sorry to say ,wear and tear is a thing, and it starts when the car comes off the assembly line.
Mine has a bunch of small stone chips on the hood. Oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts