Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Kia 2.0 plus died on my son on interstate. 600 miles away from 3k oil change and almost 2 quarts low oil. 108k miles out of warranty. No help from Kia customer service or District parts manager. It’s obvious they’ve had a problem for a while

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sorry to be welcoming you to the forum on such bad circumstances. I'm curious about a few things:
  • Did you happen to receive a letter from Kia regarding the Knock Sensor Update? See this thread for more info: Knock Sensor Detection System Update
  • Are you the original owner w/maintenance records?
It's unfortunate that Kia USA's customer service wasn't able to help you further. What did they say? Some folks have had good results when contacting them; and some not so much. Why was the DPM involved and not the District Service Manager? Is that who your local dealer called?

Not trying to put you on the defense. Just trying to get a gauge of your situation a little bit more so other members who stumble upon this thread will have this info to reference from.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,296 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. How often did he check his oil? Was he aware of an oil consumption issue?

One of the cool things about this forum is you'll find advice that higher mileage Souls should be monitored closely for any oil issues. A baseline of usage is every owners responsibility to know. There is even some basic steps to possibly slow or abate the problem through heavier weighted oil and PCV replacement.

I'm not trying to suggest, but from your comment, are you saying you only check oil at the 3,000 mile change? For alot of folks that could be every 6 or 12 months. A recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Joemsj51 and Kerig3

·
Registered
99 Posts
My 2016 Kia 2.0 plus died on my son on interstate. 600 miles away from 3k oil change and almost 2 quarts low oil. 108k miles out of warranty. No help from Kia customer service or District parts manager. It’s obvious they’ve had a problem for a while
You forgot to teach your son to check the oil level more often. My two Korean vehicles are still young and don't use any oil. But I still raise the hood to check fluid levels every 500 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts