Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

So recently I've encountered a problem with my 2020 Kia Soul S. I've only had it since Oct 2020 and have had no problems until now. Recently, my car has been sitting for a couple of weeks because I've been on Christmas break from work and then in quarantine due to Covid. It's been pretty cold lately (lowest was -13 F) and, as far as I'm aware, nothing has hit my camera. Recently I used my car to go to the post office and my backup camera didn't want to turn on. After a while it showed up on the main screen but was very messed up before going black again.

Admittedly, I am not very knowledgeable about cars so I'm a bit at a loss at what the cause could have been and/or what I can do to try troubleshooting the problem. I've heard that getting it looked at and fixed is very expensive and I don't have the money to do that right now.

Has anybody else run into this problem before? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Is your car under factory warranty?

Reactions: SailDesign

·
Registered
682 Posts
I believe so? Is there a way to check?
If you bought it new it comes with a 5 years 60k miles basic warranty and 10/100k power train. If you bought it used (not CPO) it has just the 5/60k. You can call your local Kia dealer to find out.

Reactions: jdmartin

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Step 1: visit Walgreens
Step 2: buy some ben-gay
Step 3: rub on neck
Step 4: bend neck and look behind you when backing up
Step 5: repeat as necessary

OR,
You could just take it to the dealer assuming you have less than 60k miles on it.

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
126 Posts
Hello all!

So recently I've encountered a problem with my 2020 Kia Soul S. I've only had it since Oct 2020 and have had no problems until now. Recently, my car has been sitting for a couple of weeks because I've been on Christmas break from work and then in quarantine due to Covid. It's been pretty cold lately (lowest was -13 F) and, as far as I'm aware, nothing has hit my camera. Recently I used my car to go to the post office and my backup camera didn't want to turn on. After a while it showed up on the main screen but was very messed up before going black again.

Admittedly, I am not very knowledgeable about cars so I'm a bit at a loss at what the cause could have been and/or what I can do to try troubleshooting the problem. I've heard that getting it looked at and fixed is very expensive and I don't have the money to do that right now.

Has anybody else run into this problem before? Any help is greatly appreciated!
if not under warrenty and no money...let it ride....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts