Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My factory installed back up camera in my 2012 Soul is permanently fogged up and useless.

1. What caused this?
2. Can i fix this cheaply? Is there a cheap fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've never had success fixing one, once the seal is gone it's gone. The cameras tend to fail after 6 or 7 years and just cut out anyway.

·
Registered
2018 Soul+
29 Posts
If you do the work yourself it's about $40 and a couple hours of work. You'll need a set of Metric Sockets and a nice Nylon pry bar.

Having someone else do it is $100+ for the camera, plus labor. You can pay around $200 to $1000+ depending on who does it.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,651 Posts
Time to trade!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you do the work yourself it's about $40 and a couple hours of work. You'll need a set of Metric Sockets and a nice Nylon pry bar.

Having someone else do it is $100+ for the camera, plus labor. You can pay around $200 to $1000+ depending on who does it.
How are you replacing it for $40? I need to replace the one in my wife's 2012.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Note from my experience, buy one that's factory so you know you have the correct match. If so, it should be a "plug n play" installation. If not, it may not work. Also don't ever get the cheapos from China. I bought 2 for my other vehicle since it was really foggy too, and neither one of them worked. I was able to find a used one for a decent price and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2018 Soul+
29 Posts
Yeah OEM is around $200 for the 2012. You can find them all over ebay. Part # 95760-2K1013D

Would save a ton of time too, just hook it up to the existing lines. I've grown to love the GreenYi backup camera. I had one on my 2010 Koup with 720p night vision and auto trajectory guidelines. The issue is most do not have the ability to rotate the image on the stock headunit. I'm using aftermarket so no biggie for me.

Once the weather cools down I'll be replacing the OEM one with this: GreenYi Backup Camera

1 - 8 of 8 Posts