Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Back from SEMA, so I wrapped my Soul.

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  conwelpic 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Made my annual trip to Las Vegas last week to see what's new at the SEMA show. I didn't take a ton of pictures since there's so much media coverage, and you can search for the #SEMA hashtag on Instagram. I thought the Kia Soul's were okay, clearly built to get attention, but not really anything you'd want to drive around town. I thought last year's Superheros Kias were a better theme, but I can understand they're trying to sell more Souls.

Got a yard of gloss orange vinyl and decided to add some color to my White Soul. I'm considering wrapping the roof like the Track'ster concept, but it might be a bit too much. We'll see how long I can hold out until the next mod.

Cheers,
Hong
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Supermini
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive window part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Kia soul

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Folks,

Made my annual trip to Las Vegas last week to see what's new at the SEMA show. I didn't take a ton of pictures since there's so much media coverage, and you can search for the #SEMA hashtag on Instagram. I thought the Kia Soul's were okay, clearly built to get attention, but not really anything you'd want to drive around town. I thought last year's Superheros Kias were a better theme, but I can understand they're trying to sell more Souls.

Got a yard of gloss orange vinyl and decided to add some color to my White Soul. I'm considering wrapping the roof like the Track'ster concept, but it might be a bit too much. We'll see how long I can hold out until the next mod.

Cheers,
Hong
View attachment 28002 View attachment 28010 View attachment 28018 View attachment 28026 View attachment 28034
Two things: I assume that you drove your Soul to SEMA. If that is so, how about a brief on how it handled on the trip. And second, I think with what you have done so far with the orange is OK but that vast expanse of white for the sides throws it off some. Perhaps if you can find some side bumper material like the gen 1s have, you can put them on and cover them in the wrap too. Break up the slab side, add some balance. Just a suggestion.

#3 ·
I'm in SF Bay Area, so it's too far of a drive. Just flew in for 36hrs. :)

I'm going to put the company logo on the sides. Thinking Carrera stripes, but it might be hard to read. Will definitely add more color to the sides so I'm not mistaken for a plumber's van! :)

Cheers,
Hong

#7 ·
The one thing (other than the tail lights I haven't liked since the '12 model) I don't like about the '14 is the lack of side body strips (not sure what you call them). The side of the car is too plain with nothing on the doors.

Other than that, love the new Soul. Yours looks nice. I doubt I could ever get the ability to do a wrap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.