Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2012 Kia Soul ! with the Audio Upgrade Package, and I was wondering where the cap volume is? I don't want to try it too hard and blow any speakers. So what I'm really asking is what will happen if I were to turn it up all the way? I know the sub sucks, and I wouldn't lament too much if that blew, would be great to replace. I've searched the forum and the internet and there doesn't seem to be much on the topic. Anyone know?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Depends on your EQ settings. I have the UVO system in mine, and it seems that its made for SQ as opposed to SPL. For me, 22-24 is plenty loud. It's just made to sound balanced. Not to boom ur neighborhood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. I wouldn't wonder if they had included that wattage of the individual speakers along with the amp. Thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
You could just Google the UVO specs and see what ya come up with. I would look for ya, but I'm posting from my phone. I can't imagine it being over 25 watts RMS for the speakers. I have been wrong before though....ha ha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was I was assuming also. I'm afraid it isn't quite that easy to find though hah. Thanks for the help. I ask mostly because in my last car, a friend thought it a brilliant idea to suddenly turn the volume all the way up, damaging 3 out of the 6 stock speakers. Just to be on the safe side, of course!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well, my EQ is treble +2, mid 0, bass +2 and it seems ok at 20 on the volume. Depends on the music though. I listen to a lot of metal, so I imagine I would have to adjust for drop bass hip hop or dubstep. Korn's latest album sounds great in there. Lots of electronica going on though. Buyer beware. Ha ha

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
That was I was assuming also. I'm afraid it isn't quite that easy to find though hah. Thanks for the help. I ask mostly because in my last car, a friend thought it a brilliant idea to suddenly turn the volume all the way up, damaging 3 out of the 6 stock speakers. Just to be on the safe side, of course!
Get a new friend.....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts