Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experienced an attempted theft lately? My Kia Soul 2020 was damaged during an attempted theft in early August. Damaged steering wheel column, key fobs must be replaced, the rear passenger window was broken and the rubber trim was stabbed during attempted theft and the glass scratched and dug into the paint when it shattered. The body work was done weeks ago but the parts have been on back order. The dealer said they can not provide rental and have been zero help with anything. I’ve exhausted my rentals and the manufacturer has been slow to respond. Anyone else dealing with this nightmare? Any suggestions on what I can do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I hate to think that someone else was in my car, house, office, wherever the break in is. I also hate to blame the city or town where each of us lives. No Honda is safe in Miami (just ask my brother about the two he's "lost" so far. Luckily I haven't had any issues with my 2020 LX. I'm not superstitious, but let's hope that no now I don't become a statistic.

Back in the early 90's some one stole my early 1980's Pontiac Grand Prix from our apartment's lot. The car was found in another part of town with a broken starter key slot (I can't think of the proper name right now for this part). There were cigarette ashes along the front seats (we don't smoke) and they didn't even open the trunk where I had some old P.A. speakers. To be sincere, I was shocked that anyone would be interested in that thing. I picked it up at the wrecker company (not my favorite place to get ripped off), started it with a flat screwdriver and went home.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I would be rattling that dealers cage like one pi**ed off monkey.
The 120 decibel squeaking wheel.
Going over their heads. Raise he!! :devilish:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Great advice! Except that the ordered parts are probably in one of those thousands of Cargo Containers sitting in the harbor in Ca. waiting to be docked and unloaded.
If that IS the case, you should probably pick up a cheap used car do drive, till you get your KIA back. That may take a while. :cry:

Good Luck,
:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts