Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I scoured the country online using searchtempest for a one owner, low mileage Ignition colored Soul and found this 2010 Special Edition model with only 9000 miles on it! It arrives today by truck in about six hours. Had the driver top load it and nestle it in behind the cab for a safe ride to its new home. Already ordered mudguards and a rear bumper protector exactly like the ones I installed on my former 2012 Soul. Michelins and a clear bra are also under consideration.

I'm super jazzed it also came with a homelink compass mirror but my one dilemma is the racing stripe. Not a fan of them and so thinking of removing it. Some folks say keep it, others say lose it. Feel free to chime in if you have an opinion on whether to keep it or take it off.

Here's a shot of da baby sitting in the yard waiting for the truck to come pick it up. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The nice thing is that even if I take it off, which I probably will, if I sell it in the future, someone down the road who wants it can easily find another one on eBay and stick it back on.

I moved on from my 2012 because I just wanted a change.

·
Registered
928 Posts
A possible issue with removing it would be if the paint under the stripe was darker than the rest of the car from being covered for a few years. Then you'd be stuck with ghost stripes that you didn't like also.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Da boy is home and tucked in the garage safe and sound. The stripe is gonesville. It was the first thing to go. Slight ghost striping which I can live with and can probably get rid of with a color buff. Speaking of color, it's gorgeous! Took off the side window rain deflectors and an inside tint which I didn't like across the top of the window. Anybody interested in the deflectors, hit me up. They are the stick on kind. Just paired my phone and set up my homelink mirror. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Beautiful!!!!!:) Congrats!!!

Reactions: Darklight

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I really like that color DL, congrats amigo!...too bad for the '12 though it will be remembered :cool:
Nice to see ya back on here my friend and thanks for the complements! Here it is retiring with some new Michelin Primacy MXM4s. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, thankfully it looks like the 2014 will have some bright colors again, yellow and dark orange so far, from the previews.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yea, thankfully it looks like the 2014 will have some bright colors again, yellow and dark orange so far, from the previews.
Yeap, I am looking forward to that, maybe I will be next upgrading to that '14 model if those colors are available, we'll see...take care amigo, great to see you! :cool:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The shipping was $450 from Billings MT to Las Vegas. So that was a bargain imo. I negotiated what I and the seller felt was a fair price, considering the low mileage and superb condition and the fact that I wouldn't have to pay sales tax because I was buying it from a private party. I've seen some for less and some for more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts