Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

181 - 190 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
There are a few cars made, that will have NO problems in the first 100k miles, but they all sell for over $100k and are not made in Korea.
A good friend of mine finally traded off his late model Cadillac, because it was in the shop more than in his driveway. He's now driving a Hyundai. (first cousin of the KIA), and he loves it!

I'm now owning/driving my second Soul, and still I've had NO major problems, in 85k miles (total).
My IVT feels every bit as strong as my 2013 six speed AT, and has given me GREAT service.

My KIA dealer is selling 2020 Souls (all trim levels) like hotcakes at a Lion's Club Breakfast, and the Service Manager says they have had NO IVT failures. That news is comforting to me, in the face of what has been posted on this forum.

I don't drive my Soul like I stole it (although, I've been accused of that), but, neither do I spare the horses. I bought my car to DRIVE, and DRIVE it I do. If something fails, I do have a warranty, with FREE towing, and a FREE Loaner.
I also bought the Extended Maintenance contract with my car.

Happy St Patrick's Day, Mates!

FLH :cool:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Normal oil consumption on the Soul 2.0L engine is...wait for it..........ZERO!

The only time I've seen any oil usage, on my 2013 Soul was when the PCV valve needed replacing. I replaced that valve myself, and my oil usage went back down to Zero. That was well documented right here on this forum.

On my 2020 Soul, I've seen NO oil usage at all, in over 9000 miles. To me, that's NORMAL and expected oil usage.
I expect nothing less at even 50+k miles. My dealer changes my oil, every 3000 miles, with Havoline 5W20 Blend.

Good luck mate, and Happy St Patrick's Day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are a few cars made, that will have NO problems in the first 100k miles, but they all sell for over $100k and are not made in Korea.
A good friend of mine finally traded off his late model Cadillac, because it was in the shop more than in his driveway. He's now driving a Hyundai. (first cousin of the KIA), and he loves it!

I'm now owning/driving my second Soul, and still I've had NO major problems, in 85k miles (total).
My IVT feels every bit as strong as my 2013 six speed AT, and has given me GREAT service.

My KIA dealer is selling 2020 Souls (all trim levels) like hotcakes at a Lion's Club Breakfast, and the Service Manager says they have had NO IVT failures. That news is comforting to me, in the face of what has been posted on this forum.

I don't drive my Soul like I stole it (although, I've been accused of that), but, neither do I spare the horses. I bought my car to DRIVE, and DRIVE it I do. If something fails, I do have a warranty, with FREE towing, and a FREE Loaner.
I also bought the Extended Maintenance contract with my car.

Happy St Patrick's Day, Mates!
View attachment 133580

Good to hear!

I don't see a lot of the new 2020 Souls on the road here in Western PA. But there are lots and lots of 1stGen and 2ndGen here. People love their 1stGen Souls! I never owned one, just the 2ndGen and now this 2020 S trim. I love everything about it except for the dang-blasted ISG which I already pointed out... if they had just built a slight-delay into that thing so that it did not stop/start at every freakin' stop sign would have been nice. I have to remember to either turn it off, or use your trick when I get desperate. I know it's better for the environment, but it's annoying. If I was one of their engineers, I would have put a 5-second delay in there. In the meantime, I'm using the "California Roll" at stop signs, and I'm certain that's going to get me pulled over eventually by a patrol officer.

California roll
v. To fail to make a complete stop at a red light or stop sign, especially when turning. Also known as a California stop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good to hear!

I don't see a lot of the new 2020 Souls on the road here in Western PA. But there are lots and lots of 1stGen and 2ndGen here. People love their 1stGen Souls! I never owned one, just the 2ndGen and now this 2020 S trim. I love everything about it except for the dang-blasted ISG which I already pointed out... if they had just built a slight-delay into that thing so that it did not stop/start at every freakin' stop sign would have been nice. I have to remember to either turn it off, or use your trick when I get desperate. I know it's better for the environment, but it's annoying. If I was one of their engineers, I would have put a 5-second delay in there. In the meantime, I'm using the "California Roll" at stop signs, and I'm certain that's going to get me pulled over eventually by a patrol officer.

California roll
v. To fail to make a complete stop at a red light or stop sign, especially when turning. Also known as a California stop.
We got tons rolling around here in NW PA....Very popular car

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
2007 Kia spectra 5, 170,000 miles and not a SINGLE major issue ! All minor stuff related to normal wear....
Ummm...okay...so please tell me what that has to do with 2020 Souls? I mean that's great for you, but lets keep this on task with what this thread was meant for.

181 - 190 of 189 Posts