Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carfax website lets you track the service on your car and it shows the two recalls. The one for the steering and the one for the oil bearing thing. Are they suppose to stay open, like in case the problem comes back or something? I've asked the dealer about it both when I bought the car a month ago and a few days ago when they gave it back after they fixed it not running right. But carfax doesn't show any recent work done to the car by the dealer. The last thing it shows is when the dealer replaced a coil pack in March.

Screenshot (58).png

·
Registered
659 Posts
The carfax website lets you track the service on your car and it shows the two recalls. The one for the steering and the one for the oil bearing thing. Are they suppose to stay open, like in case the problem comes back or something? I've asked the dealer about it both when I bought the car a month ago and a few days ago when they gave it back after they fixed it not running right. But carfax doesn't show any recent work done to the car by the dealer. The last thing it shows is when the dealer replaced a coil pack in March.

View attachment 136734
The recalls should clear out once they're performed. All of the recalls for my Soul were cleared out in my CARFAX account. But you could always click the "Mark As Complete" if it bothers you enough. I'ev done that with previous cars that I own that I'm tracking in my account.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
70 Posts
Also, with those sites, it sometimes takes time to update everything. They do not run live data, that would be crazy amounts of bandwidth. They basically do batch updates, and it matters how the dealer uploads the stuff as well. A couple of years back I had service done that didn't show for almost 6 months on Carfax, don't sweat it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts