Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Soul+ with Audio & Primo package has Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS). I noticed the 2018 Soul+ models with Audio and Primo Lit Package also have Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB).

Anyone know whats involved, and if at all even possible to add AEB to my 2017?

(Same question for Smart Cruise Control)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
Man that's frustrating when you buy a loaded new car & then the next year comes out with added goodies. That's how they get you my friend.

Getting people to focus on what they don't have & then make it appear they really do need it. It's a slippery slope :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Anything is possible if you throw enough cash at it, I am also of the opinion that you would be further ahead to to trade up. Not withstanding the risk of voiding warranty on the braking system by attempting any kind of mods, this would be especially worrying in the event of an accident.
As an aside I find the collision warning to be worse than useless it is far to sensitive.

Pat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha thanks, I am not looking to do anything thats not OEM, will wait and see what Kia says. My thought process was that if the car already has forward collision sensors that it may just be a computer/software upgrade to tell it to apply the brakes. (its probably way more complicated than that though.)

Same thought process for the smart cruise control..not sure if the 2018s have any additional sensors for that or use all the sensors that are already on the 2017+

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
You're a good sport gt5!

Reactions: gt5oh

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kia contacted me back, said it would involve new wiring, some new sensors and new ECU and ECM flash and that their dealerships don't offer it, so basically the answer is no.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts