Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2012 Soul +, it came with a strange large (and ugly) dent on the drivers side passenger door. Since then, there have been 2 times hit-and-run varmints that have targeted that exact same door and created 2 smaller dents and scratches. So after 2 1/2 years of casually looking for a replacement door, I finally found one at a local junkyard (same color in near perfect condition, just a year older) and I'm about to replace it. What I'd like to know is if anyone has done this in this forum and if so, do you have any tips (other than be careful)? I generally know what I'm doing mechanically speaking, been wrenching on cars since the early to mid 80's, so I'm definitely not a novice. Just wanted to know if there is anything I should be aware of. I'm switching the door panels and then the weather-stripping since it is in better shape than the new door.

Also, the black strips on the top of the doors - that appears to be taped on and not actual paint, anyone replaced that and/or is it replaceable? The black parts on the new door are not in as good a condition as my existing door.

Has anyone replaced the actual window in these doors (rear passenger)? How hard is it to pull out the window and replace it? I may/may not want to tackle this, but thought I'd ask.

Torque specs for the bolts holding the door? I'm sure I can find it somewhere, but just in case someone knows...

Any ideas/help is appreciated, just getting some information ahead of me doing the job. I couldn't find anything doing searches in the internet and nothing on YouTubinski.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think this is in the wrong forum, please move to the correct one - tried to delete it, but it won't let me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Doors aren't hard, and they're mostly the same if you've done one on another car before. Just make sure you unplug all the wiring before you remove, and take your time aligning the gaps and the latch.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good, I'll be tackling it this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions, there's not much out there for this model so I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, already checked them. That was my main concern. Thanks again.

Reactions: phunky.buddha
1 - 9 of 9 Posts