Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Does he work at Chase? Swear I saw that at work a few times...
Oddly, he's a consultant, and works with a lot of large companies. So yes, it's very possible. White Solara, grey Porsche or an older BMW I believe.

To keep in the spirit of the thread, I'm thinking of changing my plate from "PWN3D U" (from my racing machine) over to something more fitting... but it'll have to go with the car theme, and fit in 7 letters...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Heya all,

First time I've ever owned a new vehicle in the form of 4 wheels so I opted for a vanity number plate. It was a little bit of a splurge on my part but what the heck, I am single and I guess always wanted to be one of those 'prima donna' types with a fancy car and my own plate.

LEDFRMR...

"What do you mean you people"?

Steps

OK...the blonde wants to know what that means...I am usually pretty good at figuring plates out. :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tropic Thunder

Heya Beckie,

It is a line uttered by Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder, a movie which came out last year. You'd have to sit through the first part of the movie to understand why it is so funny. Downey plays a character that uses a down right hilarious quip about being a lead farmer, just before he starts shooting with a pair of weapons.

Since I could only use seven letters, I paid homage to Led Zeppelin and tied it into the movie, yeah I know not too original or creative but in my humble opinion will get a few laughs around here from the guys I am on the job with. Plus it was as close as I could get without going over and buying a vowel from good old Vanna White.

LEDFRMR = Lead Farmer

Steps

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Heya Beckie,

It is a line uttered by Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder, a movie which came out last year. You'd have to sit through the first part of the movie to understand why it is so funny. Downey plays a character that uses a down right hilarious quip about being a lead farmer, just before he starts shooting with a pair of weapons.

Since I could only use seven letters, I paid homage to Led Zeppelin and tied it into the movie, yeah I know not too original or creative but in my humble opinion will get a few laughs around here from the guys I am on the job with. Plus it was as close as I could get without going over and buying a vowel from good old Vanna White.

LEDFRMR = Lead Farmer

Steps

OK, that is what I thought it meant, and then I was like 'What the heck is a Lead Farmer?' LOL! I have yet to see that movie. I have heard many good things about it! And RD Jr is an awesome actor, and is just getting better with age (and without substance abuse).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had a look last night on our government website .... They sell personal plates.

Over here there are strict rules regarding what you can do. There are designated number/letter rules

Anyway the only plate for sale that caught my eye was

A5 OUL

Get it??

It would have to be put on the vehicle with the space in the middle too. To re-space the plate is illegal :(

Sooo

A 5OUL

Would be a no no

PLUS, they want $1500 for it :eek:
$1500???? Are you serious?? that just doesn't sound right...are you looking on your states home web site???

·
Registered
36 Posts
$1500???? Are you serious?? that just doesn't sound right...are you looking on your states home web site???
That number plate looks like its from the UK and they are super expensive! When i moved to Canada and found out that it was a little over C$200 for whatever i wanted in 7 characters i got my wife one straight away. As our Soul is "technically" her car, her plate is now on it. I'm just waiting for my birthday for my new plate to arrive. It will be pretty weird looking but our plates will be MR***** and MS*****. (sorry about the blanks, i just don't want to give out my plate number on an open forum)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nitro - you sure you don't live in Ohio? I have a friend with a number of cars, all having some variation of that W/M combination... same on his bikes! :eek:
nope in texas but this is a common thing for us crazy speeders my bike plate is a certain variation of "B8BB88B"

·
Registered
192 Posts
I want to get a LUKEN one, but my dealer couldn't do it and its a pain to do it through the *GULP* DMV *SHUDDERS*

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I want to get a LUKEN one, but my dealer couldn't do it and its a pain to do it through the *GULP* DMV *SHUDDERS*
all you usually have to do is fill out a simple form and send a small fee. it's not hard I've done it twice so far

where are you from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm thinking about getting "HAMSTR1" or as someone at work suggested "THESHOE" because it looks like a shoe from the side. I was originally thinking about "2NDSOUL" since I bought the 2nd one in Wichita. HAMSTR1 might be the best (it will go great with the 3 foot tall plush toy hamster I've ordered).

·
Registered
246 Posts
At 200$, 500$ and 600$ for 1, 5, and 10 year plates respectively and only 6 characters, I wish, but it ain't gon' happen. Texas only allows 7-character requests during a small time frame once a year (July, I think), and I'm sure they charge dearly for that extra letter too. As it stands, I totes have other more exciting things to throw my money at. You bet your a55 I'd jump on the custom plate wagon if I had the disposable income.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love to get a personalized plates for my new kia.... but someone in Indiana wanted a certain word on his plate and the BMV would not let him have it.... so he is suing them so until this is over or settled, they will not let anyone order one for now.... that truly sucks.....

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Love to get a personalized plates for my new kia.... but someone in Indiana wanted a certain word on his plate and the BMV would not let him have it.... so he is suing them so until this is over or settled, they will not let anyone order one for now.... that truly sucks.....
DUH! What on earth did this guy try to get past them? And does he think he has a leg to stand on?

Here are the rules for Ontario:

Your application will not be accepted if the combination of letters/numbers you selected has already been issued. In addition, requests will not be approved if they are determined to be objectionable under the following criteria:

Sexual
Sexual messaging or meaning.
Abusive, Obscene Language and Derogatory Slang
Abusive, vulgar, derogatory, obscene or profane language;
Known offensive slang in any language, text-messaging language etc.

Religion

Religious meaning or messaging.
Only the use of religious titles that are considered formal designations of persons within the religion are permitted.

Drugs/Alcohol

Reference to the use of or sale of legal or illegal drugs;
Effects of drugs or alcohol;
Alcohol-related words, including brands.

Political Figures, Dignitaries/Law Enforcement Officials

Political opinion, slurs, affiliation or organizations are prohibited except non-profit advocacy groups/trade organizations;
Negative or derogatory message or meaning with respect to government;
Falsely suggesting association with a public institution and/or law enforcement;
Reference to well-known figures or names;
Badge numbers of police officers.

Violence/Criminal Activity

Messages or meanings that could be associated with violence, as well as promoting discrimination or bias against individuals;
Illegal or criminal activity of any kind.

Human Rights Discrimination

Messages that express contempt, ridicule or superiority of race, religion, ethnic origin, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical characteristics, disability or political affiliation.

Clarity and Readability for Law Enforcement Officials

Plate selections that are deemed to lack clarity or would be difficult to read. This also includes combinations with:
No more than 4 identical characters in sequence;
Interchangeable letters/numbers are not allowed (i.e. S/5, A/4, G/6, Q/O);
For example, if a plate has been issued with an “S” in its combination and an identical plate request is submitted substituting the “S” with a “5”, that plate will not be approved.

Graphic + Characters

Any combination of graphics and characters that together could be determined to be objectionable under the above criteria or violate the contract with a Graphic Partner.

Intellectual Property (such as trademarks)

Infringement of intellectual property rights such as trademarks;
The characters on a plate must not infringe on any third party intellectual property rights such as trademarks. It is your responsibility to check that the characters on the plate do not infringe upon any intellectual property rights.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts