Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a Samsung Galaxie S III and an early model Soul (2010 - 2011)?
Do you have any problems pairing it with your bluetooth?

Am getting the SIII tomorrow but wanted to know if pairing is problem with it. I know that someone mentioned that they have problems with the SIII pairing up with their UVO, but since I do not have the UVO.....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm envious Marc. I so want an SIII, but I was wondering this too? Though Heather didn't have too much trouble with her Samsung.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't wait to get it.
Heather has the Galaxie S II, not the S III, and you are right, she has no problem with it pairing with her bluetooth.
Am hoping the S III is the same.

I got the S III and you got lowering springs instead :)

PS Doug.. I'll let you touch it... Mu ha ha ha ha ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had to upload my contact list manually. I also have had to re-pair it manually a couple of times. Working great (knock on wood) right now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a 2010, and the Epic 4g, which is a galaxy S with a Querty keyboard. I have no problems with it connecting to bluetooth and /or downloading my contact list.

Not sure if it helps, because they are different phones, but they should work the same.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
my mobile phone works fantastic - it has no Bluetooth features ;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I must be the only person that actually hates the galaxy phone!! Have the S2 and it's the biggest hunk of junk phone I've ever had.thought it was the service,but GF is on same account and has a 4s and we can be right next to each other and try to connect to something. Hers pops right up. Mine after an hour is still trying to load. Now the battery is going crazy. Going to run it over as soon as the iPhone 5 comes out. I must be the only one,because others that have it love it. Must just be me

·
Registered
491 Posts
I must be the only person that actually hates the galaxy phone!! Have the S2 and it's the biggest hunk of junk phone I've ever had.thought it was the service,but GF is on same account and has a 4s and we can be right next to each other and try to connect to something. Hers pops right up. Mine after an hour is still trying to load. Now the battery is going crazy. Going to run it over as soon as the iPhone 5 comes out. I must be the only one,because others that have it love it. Must just be me
Every once in a while, maybe once a month, you should reboot the phone, i.e. pop the battery out and then pop it back in again. That seems to resolve most issues.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just paired it this morning as I wasn't around my Soul at all yesterday.
It took only 2 seconds and she was paired. Works beautifully. That was almost too easy.

Who would have thought a Korean cell phone pairing up with a Korean car so easily ;)

How is the new toy? Did it pair up nicely?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I love about the S3, after starting my Soul for the first time in the day, I get the "Transfer Complete" only once. If I get in and out of the soul thereafter, it is automatically connected with the Soul Bluetooth without saying Transfer Complete.

My previous phone, another Samsung, everytime i got into the Soul, I would always get "Transfer Complete"...it is kind of annoying hearing that all the time.
Not so, anymore :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed that, even though I am 206 steps away and on the 4th floor in my office, while my Soul is parked in the underground garage(first floor though), it's still paired with my Soul's Bluetooth

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it's been 1 week since I've paired my Samsung Galaxy S3 and still no problems with it. It connects perfectly every time....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I noticed that, even though I am 206 steps away and on the 4th floor in my office, while my Soul is parked in the underground garage(first floor though), it's still paired with my Soul's Bluetooth
Then don't you have to answer the phone in your car 206 steps away every time it rings? I know that on a few occasions I have answered the phone while standing outside the car and got no answer because the voice on the other end of the phone can only be heard inside the car?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts