Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brand new soul has a leaking sunroof. it leaks on the drivers side rear, and it is dripping onto my head when it rains. the issue is a seemingly too small seal, that just doesn't fill the gap between the sunroof and body. anyone else have this issue??? i've had to tape it closed, as we're in the middle of a rain week, geez.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When i came to this webpage. The first thing i saw was two threads talking about leaking sunroofs. One of them happens to be two pages.

So i think yes, someone else has had your same problem!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Not a drop in mine. Make your dealer fix it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problems here. KIA's warranty should be able to fix that.
YES, i have seen and posted on the first sunroof thread, but it was 2 years old, so i started a new one. people who had this problem were told by Kia that its normal to have some water drip into the car. a thread on the UK Kia site Kia Soul - Kia Owners Club Forums - Page 1
i've since learned that Kia has a poor record regarding warranty claims and skirting the issues, often trying to stick the owner with labor costs. i'm sure this is not a serious issue, but for someone who just bought a new car with leather, its a real problem. I've taped my sunroof shut, so no water intrudes, but am keeping my fingers crossed the dealer will be able to offer a fix. when i spoke to the service rep, they claimed no one had ever brought in a leaking sunroof, nor had she heard of this problem. :confused:

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
sunroofs are meant to allow some water in the channels round the roof and that then drains away down the pillar tubes..... no sunroof is meant to allow water into the car itself - let alone drip on peoples heads!!!..... your service department need a rocket up their jacksies if they cant sort it out..... or you need to go to a dealer who does know what they are doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Kia Soul Leaking Sunroof

I/we have a 2011. Brand New. Driving down the highway in the rain and felt a drizzle of water on my head ?????? Taking a sharp turn and water again came in. Took the car in and they blamed it on the roof rack so they sealed the screw holes. No way was it the roof rack. Water would have had to travel up hill for that to have happened. We were told we must have had the roof open a little bit (poor explanation) as we know 100% it was closed all the way. We took a cup of water and poured it on the "closed" sunroof and water came in and leaked on the drivers seat. Seems like it comes in more on the drivers side. The weep holes are huge and this sunroof lets way too much water in to drain thru the pillar tubes. The gap is just too fricking big, there is literally daylight shining in the gap!! We have had the car in the shop 3 times now and they say it is normal drainage and they don't have a fix for it. The Dealership manager said they left it out in the rain and nothing leaked. I reminded him that it leaked while we were driving and the car was moving. He said he called the Kia Manufacturer and they told him not to pour water on the top of the car because it was too much concentrated water in one spot. Seriously ? It was approx. 10-12 ounces of water not a bucket...not even a big gulp ?? I can't believe that Kia has no Quality Control Process !!! What the Hell people ?????

·
Registered
255 Posts
I/we have a 2011. Brand New. Driving down the highway in the rain and felt a drizzle of water on my head ?????? Taking a sharp turn and water again came in. Took the car in and they blamed it on the roof rack so they sealed the screw holes. No way was it the roof rack. Water would have had to travel up hill for that to have happened. We were told we must have had the roof open a little bit (poor explanation) as we know 100% it was closed all the way. We took a cup of water and poured it on the "closed" sunroof and water came in and leaked on the drivers seat. Seems like it comes in more on the drivers side. The weep holes are huge and this sunroof lets way too much water in to drain thru the pillar tubes. The gap is just too fricking big, there is literally daylight shining in the gap!! We have had the car in the shop 3 times now and they say it is normal drainage and they don't have a fix for it. The Dealership manager said they left it out in the rain and nothing leaked. I reminded him that it leaked while we were driving and the car was moving. He said he called the Kia Manufacturer and they told him not to pour water on the top of the car because it was too much concentrated water in one spot. Seriously ? It was approx. 10-12 ounces of water not a bucket...not even a big gulp ?? I can't believe that Kia has no Quality Control Process !!! What the Hell people ?????
Wow...time to find another dealer.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
It hasn't really rained in my area in 15 months, so I don't know yet. Hasn't leaked when being washed. But again...not like I've been able to drive in the rain.

Given the fact that the sun roof shade slides open and closed when braking and accelerating and Kia doesn't have a clue how to fix it, I won't be surprised if my sunroof does leak.

As for Kia service techs, I have as much confidence in their ability to diagnose a problem and fix it as I do in retarded lab monkeys to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts