Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Scooter, what added performance did you get? Off the line? Top end? Better MPG?

Define: Race Chip Piggyback tuner..... please.

:cool:

For the Gen 3 they only offer the tuner for the Turbo.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I love you too, Rhysoul.

On topic, I read something a while back titled, "The Cherry Bomb is back".
That little round, RED, glass-pack muffler was really popular back in the day. But, I never had one.
I wonder how one would work on a KIA Soul? (non turbo)
I could stand a little more Rumble, for a little more MPG, if that would happen.
What I wouldn't want is more noise just for the sake of more noise, and at what expense?😕
:cool:

·
Registered
2022 Soul LX
24 Posts
I actually did it the 2nd month since I bought my Gen 3 new. Since it's my daily grind, I was content of it being quiet. But too quiet for my taste. I've always had modified vehicles and the only reason I did this because I always end up re-starting the hamster mobile twice even though it's already on. First time. No big deal. 2nd time, it started to get to me due to the bone chilling cranking noise. Then when the 3rd time it happened, I was like, that's it. I need to hear the damn motor, lol! It's actually livable and not as loud and heavy as you would think considering it's a muffler delete. I still have the mid-pipe resonator. No drone and at constant freeway drive, it's quite on the monotone side. Definitely makes the car more fun for me to drive since I always use the manual mode. And the best part, dropping that anchor weight in the back too, lol! Buy, to each their own. I also have a K&N drop-in air filter. So when you rev it past 5K, you tend to hear the sucking noise as well. Hope this helps. Just wanted to share my end of things.

Cheers.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

21 - 26 of 26 Posts