Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 soul GT-Line 2.0l ....has anyone deleted the 35lbs muffler...how does it sound...do I have to replace with delete pipe or run it out with tip...any help or advice....anything.....I condemn nothing.....no worries...HELP....lol

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Don't know what they would sound like without a muffler but I have disconnected the exhaust right behind the flex pipe and the sound is way too loud and incredibly annoying.
I have replaced one muffler on a Gen3 because a baffle inside had a rattle but I didn't run the car with just the muffler disconnected so I can't help you with what it sounds like but I would imagine it would be an annoying drone.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I’ve never had a loud muffler on my soul but I’ve had other cars with exhaust leaks and it was loud and annoying. What do you plan to put in its place? One of those fart cans?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not a delete, but replaced the stock with a Flowmaster Super HP2. Sounds alright. Deeper but some drone. I added a cheap 3" in length muffler at the back about 2 feet in front of the tips to cut down on the drone. I don't have a video of it (it's also on a 1.6L T-GDI) so the sound will be different, but it's a nice muffler with a sleek profile.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking into a performance muffler for my 2020 LX not loud, but hopefully less back pressure, and better performance. Has anyone looked at this, is there something out there that would help?
The problem I found with the Souls design is that there is not a lot of space for an aftermarket muffler (a lot of shops by me didn't want to touch it). The super HP2 is a slim profile and fits neatly under the middle section of the car. If you want it quieter get a longer one. I'm very pleased with the feel this muffler gave.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The problem I found with the Souls design is that there is not a lot of space for an aftermarket muffler (a lot of shops by me didn't want to touch it). The super HP2 is a slim profile and fits neatly under the middle section of the car. If you want it quieter get a longer one. I'm very pleased with the feel this muffler gave.
Just wanted a little more performance, without getting louder. Found this updated. Different Trend Products - Flow II - 4" x 9" x 18" Body Offset / Dual (dtexhaust.com)
Rectangle Material property Font Cylinder Metal

·
Registered
190 Posts
Naturally aspirated vehicles require muffler however I have removed the muffler from turbocharged vehicles without it sounding obnoxious as the turbocharger acts pretty well as muffler. THe fiat 500 Abarth for example does not have a muffler from the factory.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts