Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Any warranty for KIA Soul rotors in Canada?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  XxHaimBondxX 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have Kia Soul 2016, less then 3 years of ownership from purchase, less then 40K km driven. I looked at my KIA warranty conditions, was not able to find something specific to rotors (disk brakes). Are these parts covered by 3 year warranty or they are treated the same way as brake pads (i.e. fall into "wear and tear" category)?

Reason to ask: during scheduled service in KIA dealership they recommended me to replace brake pads (3mm left only), I agreed, but without notice they also replaced "rusty" rotors! All on my expense!.

TIA

#6 · (Edited)
Replacing "rusty rotors" is like replacing a dirty car...
If they weren't deeply scored or warped and you didn't have any brake pulsation then chances are they were fine.
Rotors, like brake pads should fall under wear/tear and not covered under warranty especially after 3 years of use though they may have been covered under 1st 12 months as long as the pads were still serviceable.
If they replaced them without authorization then you have a legitimate gripe.
They may turn around and say you stated to replace whatever was necessary regardless if you did or not so be prepared for that argument.

#8 ·
Thank you! But are "rusty" rotors considered as "normal wear"?
I am trying to figure out now, what is reasonable for me to do except to have a chat with the dealership service manager. To complain to KIA Canada?
Also - there was another issue with my car - "seized brakes". Dealership recommended to fix with brake pads replacement and wheel alignment. However my "old" mechanic simply fixed by cleaning brake pads/calipers.
I heard in the dealership that this is a common problem. But why no calipers replacement? This item is covered by warranty? Or anything related to brakes is a "grey area" for warranty coverage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.