Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting for any company to make lowering springs for the 2014 Soul, anyone out there know of any company making them???? Thanks...

·
Registered
344 Posts
As of now, no. We are still getting the runaround from Megan Racing. The last two emails I sent them never got responded to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So here is what i have on this at the moment.

A Korean company called SMA says they make a lowering spring for the 2014 and 2015 Soul.

I believe it's the owner of KDM motors in California that has arranged shipping a set of these springs to a customer in the U.S. (They are currently en route to his location).

He is going to test the fitment and let KDM motors know if they work. Once they know KDM will put together a group buy.

I've spoken to the customer.......... This is happening.

Let's hope they fit.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is he not a member on this forum? Salvagedsoul just ordered some springs from Korea last week. There is a thread somewhere around here. They are on eBay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok just for reference Im posting the before pics and measurements. the pics are kind of hard to see given the camera angle. Front is 28" from the ground to the highest part of wheel well. rear is 28.5" inches from the ground to the wheel well. my tire height is 25.75" tall so in short its a 2.25" gap front and 2.75" gap rear. Keep on mind my car is the base 1.6 manual so I will get slightly less drop then a fully loaded soul. Im gonna put the springs on sunday if I get time so I will update.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Installed the springs, I'm more than happy. I got 1" lower in the front and 1"lower in the rear. should be more once they settle. I had to take off the wipers to get the cowl panel off to remove the front struts thats a first. All in all it feels closer to my fiesta ST I used to have, now that the body roll and bouncyness is reduced.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Any chance you could measure the overall ID and OD of the stock F/R coils top and bottom and dia of the metal coil? I would like to come up with a 1/2" spacer to go under the F/R springs to lift the body a tad higher without pushing the suspension. I can't find this info on the web. If you plan on not saving the stock coils I would love to have one F/R to buy.

Thank you,

Mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
I posted an ad on the bazaar. Im trying to unload some of the items I dont need. I posted the springs for $70 free shipping if you are interested. I will measure them tomorrow and let you know the specs to help you out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts