Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 with 2000 miles and sometimes I swear I get a whiff of antifreeze when starting the vehicle or just randomly. I see no signs of leaks or coolent loss. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
2015 with 2000 miles and sometimes I swear I get a whiff of antifreeze when starting the vehicle or just randomly. I see no signs of leaks or coolent loss. Ideas?
Yes ! I think your driving by a bakery . No really , had that smell in one of my new cars occasionally and after a while a noticed it was most days when entering the freeway after work . Holsom bakery just there on the freeway . True story .

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The smell similar to antifreeze is the windscreen wash antifreeze it drains into box below windscreen which is also the air intake area for the cars heater.
Check your handbook for heater use and make sure you are not using recycling modes too often.

Do not buy any products from a bakery that smells like antifreeze the smell is there to make people sick if they drink it.
I thought all the mould Killing additives were banned and good House keeping was order of the day.

Jeff

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
My Auntie Frieze does bake a good smelling cupcake. But like Jeff says, use your recirculation mode sparingly. Fresh air moving through the car is important for several reasons & will keep odd smells at bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts