Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of trading in my 1990 4.3L Chevy S10 pickup for a base Silver Soul. Luckily the truck, which was a second vehicle, just made it at 18MPG. Since all the other trim levels of the Soul get 26MPG, the base was the only one I could get the full $4,500 incentive on. Since I wasn't actually in the market for a new car before I heard about the program, the low price was also a big incentive. I believe I'm picking up the car tomorrow but have already bought a set of the stock 18" Exclaim wheels and tires. Had I purchased a higher model, my first choice would have been Alien, then Java, and definitely automatic with a sunroof.

I took my time (well, about a week) deciding which car to purchase and after finding this forum, I feel like I've made a good choice. I'm hoping to keep it pretty basic but after the wheel upgrade, tinted windows (whole car including entire windshield), center armrest and something to add some color to the interior (either some sort of seat cover, floor mat or dash kit), we'll see if I can stop!

:p

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
A bright silver soul wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
We wait for the same color from the 23 of may.
It's not fair that you go in and buy like that.
Not possible in Holland aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Lots of fun with it and we like pictures and stories about how it drives.

Regards,

Crazy Dutchman RelenaRelena

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome! I was expecting to pick it up today but the dealer botched some paperwork and now I have to wait until Tuesday. :(

They're very skeptical about getting the government money and want to make sure everything is perfect before they let me take it off the lot. This wasn't my dealer of choice but they were the only one with the car and wouldn't dealer exchange it so I had to make the trip (about 45 minutes). Luckily, my local dealer (right around the corner) was honest and, even after I had a deposit down, told me that they couldn't get one in silver soon and that this other dealer was the only one within 350 miles that had one. The Manager said "I've never done this before but if you really want silver, I'd go there and buy it before it sells". He gave me back my cash and told me where to go. I called the other dealer on the way and pretended like he could steal me away from the local dealer if he gave me a better price, which he did. :)

I was hoping to get it tinted today too. I guess being soulful will have to wait a few more days. :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Kia Soul forums! Here you will find lots of info that will help you on your journey with your new car. Hope you enjoy your Silver! Soul-long! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts