Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have an A/C water puddle on their garage floor? We've had 4 vehicles in the 11 years we've been in this home and none of them ever left a water puddle on the garage floor. It's like our Soul saves up all of its A/C condensation on the drive home and then dumps it in the garage every afternoon.

It wouldn't even bother me that much if it wasn't always there. The puddle is there in the morning when my wife leaves for work....It's still there in the afternoon when she comes home and it dumps again. Rinse & repeat.

Anyone dealt effectively with this or have any ideas besides "don't use the A/C"? I can put a small tray - like a paint tray - in the area and I don't think she would run over it backing out, since there's seems to be enough clearance from the RF tire. But I seriously think the tray will need emptying every other day - there's that much water....And that will get old after a few weeks.

It just seems like something's wrong with our A/C dumping that amount of water. Or is this "normal" behavior for a Soul?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The Accumulator is sweating , that is what causes the water .... All I have ever known is , a kick ass A/C will put out alot of water .... depending on where it is it may have a straight shot to the ground , and it does'nt catch anywhere on the car ... I rarely use the air so I have never noticed

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Does anyone else have an A/C water puddle on their garage floor? We've had 4 vehicles in the 11 years we've been in this home and none of them ever left a water puddle on the garage floor. It's like our Soul saves up all of its A/C condensation on the drive home and then dumps it in the garage every afternoon.

It wouldn't even bother me that much if it wasn't always there. The puddle is there in the morning when my wife leaves for work....It's still there in the afternoon when she comes home and it dumps again. Rinse & repeat.

Anyone dealt effectively with this or have any ideas besides "don't use the A/C"? I can put a small tray - like a paint tray - in the area and I don't think she would run over it backing out, since there's seems to be enough clearance from the RF tire. But I seriously think the tray will need emptying every other day - there's that much water....And that will get old after a few weeks.

It just seems like something's wrong with our A/C dumping that amount of water. Or is this "normal" behavior for a Soul?
I guess I thought that was normal with any AC system. It's just removing humidity from inside the car. If this bothers you, you must have a very charmed life.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Look under your car and see if you notice a little hose sticking out from the bottom. Both my Souls have this and I am assuming it is from the AC

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Every car I've had also did this. It's only water, thank goodness. It could be worse.
Your Soul is behaving normally. Aren't you happy that you have A/C? What's a little water on the concrete floor ? ;)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts

Every car I've ever owned does that....if it didn't then something would be wrong. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Low-Tech Solution

Thanks for the responses. Yes, it's only water on concrete and thinking about it doesn't exactly keep me up at night....But it's still annoying. I'm no mechanic, but I have opened the hood of some of my previous cars (after driving with the A/C on) and noticed the drips falling on a "hot" part of the engine/exhaust pipe and immediately evaporating. Don't know if that was by design or not, but our Soul clearly drips it straight to the ground and it certainly leaves about a 1 sq ft puddle where none of our other cars ever did. And enough is added every evening so the puddle never completely evaporates.

However, I think I've figured out a "low-tech" solution: My wife can just park the car short of the garage when she gets home and then I can drive it in a couple of hours later when it should be done with its "business". This should work whenever it's not storming when she gets home and on those days, one little A/C puddle won't be noticable....Water will be dripping from every corner of the car anyway.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
That should work....

After all, the Soul has to relieve itself too ;)
Im really suprised you didnt follow that comment up with a cartoon of a Soul ****ing its wheel on a lampost!!.....it would make another great Tee-shirt design if it was peeing on a Cube........:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That should work....

After all, the Soul has to relieve itself too ;)
Yeah...I like Tempest's "incontinence pad" solution. :D

We can learn to live with #1.....Now if it happens to progress to #2, then we're talking about serious problems!!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hey, now there's a thought! Uuummmmmmm!

I can't do Photoshop at work (yes, I'm supposed to be working now..but don't tell anyone) ;)

Im really suprised you didnt follow that comment up with a cartoon of a Soul ****ing its wheel on a lampost!!.....it would make another great Tee-shirt design if it was peeing on a Cube........:eek:

·
Registered
690 Posts
You mean like this tempest? ;)

I love this picture and this is one of the best work you have done so far :) can you make one little larger with current 2010 Cube so I can use it as background? Ive tried resizing and the image but it gets too distorted.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Sure can and thanks :)
Will have to wait till i get home though. I usually store my pictures on ImageShack site but my work stops me from accessing that site and any photos that are stored on it. I had to use the KiaSoulForums albums to store the above photo but it shrinks down the actual size of the image.

Beside, I will do a better version when I get home. It only took me about 15 minutes to create the above at work. I didn't want to spend too much time on it while at the office.

I love this picture and this is one of the best work you have done so far :) can you make one little larger with current 2010 Cube so I can use it as background? Ive tried resizing and the image but it gets too distorted.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It's probably a good things that it does that more than other cars. More condensation IN your car means more places for funky things to grow and make it stink. I know oil on your garage floor is a pain, but water? A paper towel does nicely on water. Maybe just have your wife not use the A/C, and roll the windows down.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts