Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2014 Kia Soul and the horn beeps every time I lock the car (on first press of button) or unlock the car (second press of button but need to press it twice to unlock all doors). I have looked in my owners manual and I cannot see a way to change it. My model doesn't allow for changing of user settings. Please help as this is a nuisance especially early in the morning or late at night.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seems like your alarm is hooked into your horn instead of the siren. If you are electrically inclined you can just remove the trigger wire going to your horn.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I think I would complain LOUDLY to my dealer's service manager and see if they would do something about it.

On my last car, there was a user fix for the remote having to be pushed twice to unlock all the doors. That may also be available on the Kia Soul. ???

Good Luck!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,640 Posts
There is probably a SETTINGS section somewhere. Check your owner's manual. Most cars can adjust that setting to beep or not to beep. No biggie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can use the key fob to change the beep. And how many times you push unlock to unlock all the doors it's in the manual somewhere

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just got a new 2014 Kia Soul and the horn beeps every time I lock the car (on first press of button) or unlock the car (second press of button but need to press it twice to unlock all doors). I have looked in my owners manual and I cannot see a way to change it. My model doesn't allow for changing of user settings. Please help as this is a nuisance especially early in the morning or late at night.
You can easy adjust it so that it will open all the doors at one push of the button instead of two, its all explained in your owners manual.
"you can change the system to unlock all doors by one pressing the unlock button....press the lock button and unlock button at the same time for 5 seconds or more. The hazard warning lights will blink four times."
This applies to 12-13 models, but not sure on the 2014. Give it a try.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
What??????
Read the manual??? Are you outta yor friggin' mind???

rofl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts