Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i just bought a 2010 soul 4U retro with very low kms (36000), and in immaculate shape.

However, it has a rather annoying passenger door rattle when driving above 40km/h. I narrowed down the problem to be the panel just below the window as when i put a kleenex in the gap between the panel and the window it stops. But...I dont want to drive around like that, as well it comes out whever i put the window down. I looked up the panel online, and it showed a screw that may need to be tightened (a possibility anyway...). But when trying to remove the screw cover, it does not want to come off and i dont want to force it.

Does anyone have any ideas ir tips on how or what I can do to fix this?

The car is still covered under warranty (5 years/100000 kms bumper to bumper), but I'm not sure if this is even something that will fall under the warranty.

If you need any more info, please let me know!

Thanks

Lindsay

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My dad's '53 Buick Skylark had an annoying door rattle.
It turned out to be a Budweiser beer bottle inside the door.

One of the assemblers (real people, in those days) must have been having a beer with his lunch and dropped the bottle inside the door, to get rid of it.

So look for foreign objects inside the door..... or not!

Cheers Mate, and Good Luck!

TM :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Reminds me of stories from the Construction Industry. Strange smells being reported by owners of new Condominiums being eventually traced to "Construction Urine"........open topped bottles filled with pee left inside framed, dry-walled walls by construction workers who couldn't be bothered to go down the building to use the Porta-Potty.

Nasty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After all the hunting around, I decided to do some more looking on the forum to see if there was anything else that could be the problem. Turns out, i have the map light rattle, and it sounded like it was coming from the passenger side door.

I asked my dealer if it would be fixed under warranty, and they told me they have to look at it first to find out why it is rattling before they will tell me if it is covered or not.....I don't want to get stuck with a bill so I will just have to live with it for now. *sigh*

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I had a rattle on the passenger side door toward its rear. Annoyed the devil out of me. Turns out for all my sleuthing it was (and is) the seat belt buckle hitting the door pillar. There is a clip to handle this but rattles usually are hard to pin point. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Ibeirnes - remember minor adjustments are only covered for the first year or 20,000km, so you are long past that, unless the dealer is willing to do some things for a bit after your initial purchase.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
After all the hunting around, I decided to do some more looking on the forum to see if there was anything else that could be the problem. Turns out, i have the map light rattle, and it sounded like it was coming from the passenger side door.

I asked my dealer if it would be fixed under warranty, and they told me they have to look at it first to find out why it is rattling before they will tell me if it is covered or not.....I don't want to get stuck with a bill so I will just have to live with it for now. *sigh*
Sometimes, actually many times, we're better off to find a fix for something on our own than trust it to a dealer who wants to get your car out of their shop ASAP.

Just in case you might be coming to Florida, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and I'll fix it for nothing. BYOB!

Cheers Mate!
:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts