Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out of my car to get gas...close door...fill up...go to get back inside...door locked...wtf... try the rear lift...locked too...great...not too upset thou...extra key hidden on car just in case I lose/misplace my keys while away from home... try passenger side door...whew...opens.

ok... this scenerio has happened several times in the 3 months I have owned my 2012... luckily every time the passenger side remained unlocked but still trying to understand how/why this happens...

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
does yours have just the regular key (MT) or standard keyless entry (AT)?

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
you should put MT on your Drives info, as Base MT and Base AT's are not equipped the same - the reasons I asked. 6-speed doesn't tell us this, as the manual and the automatic are both six speed.

Are you unintentionally hitting the door lock button as you get out or perhaps catching it - many people do this without thinking and don't realize it. This would explain why the drivers door is locked and not the passengers.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good point ...will change the mt on the info... but don't think I'm hitting the lock button...would think if i did it would lock all the doors... also like having access to the trunk without having to unlock every time i need to go in there...another reason I try to keep the doors always open when possible. Must be the gremlins in the car...or the Hamster.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
good point ...will change the mt on the info... but don't think I'm hitting the lock button...would think if i did it would lock all the doors... also like having access to the trunk without having to unlock every time i need to go in there...another reason I try to keep the doors always open when possible. Must be the gremlins in the car...or the Hamster.
I'm referring to the lock button on the door handle (marked red on this photo) itself not the electronic lock button on the door armrest. Sometimes people grab the interior handle on the door to open it and accidentally push the lock button in at the same time. I used to do that quite frequently before I got a vehicle with keyless entry.

·
Registered
633 Posts
On my 2013 Base 1.6 Automatic, if my wife opens her door before I put it in "Park" and the doors automatically unlock, then the other doors don't unlock. I'm not sure of the locking/shutdown sequence on the manual model, but are you opening the door before shutting the engine off? That may "confuse" the lock system.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no on opening the door first...could be on accidently pushing the door handle lock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts