Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 GT-Line 2.0L Soul, and I'm trying to load Android Auto into the system, but it won't load. I'm pretty tech savy, and followed all the instructions numerous times. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Android Auto is already there. Once you install it from the play store onto your phone, launch the application and plug your phone into the car with a usb cable. Android Auto/Apple Car Play ony work when the phone is plugged in via usb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've been reading that AA will work wirelessly on many Samsung phones but I've been unable to get it to work on my S8+ and 2016 ! with 8in touch screen system.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The OEM headunits Do Not support wireless AA. You will have to upgrade your headunit to an aftermarket one that does.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The OEM headunits Do Not support wireless AA. You will have to upgrade your headunit to an aftermarket one that does.
Or just use a USB cable to connect the phone with the car. That's a lot cheaper than replacing the unit. It also works fine, and keeps the phone charged while you're using Android Auto. I can't see the problem, really, at all.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Unfortunately, not all USB ports provide enough current to keep a Smartphone charged. They can be data only. Like the one in my Soul. What were they thinking?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Unfortunately, not all USB ports provide enough current to keep a Smartphone charged. They can be data only. Like the one in my Soul. What were they thinking?
My wife had her iPhone SE plugged in for four hours on a recent trip, so we could use Apple Car Play and Google Maps. When she disconnected, the battery was still at 100%. So, apparently it had enough current to maintain the charge. I haven't plugged my Samsun A10e in yet to see how Android Auto works.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep, no wireless. I think BMW is the first to offer it, but they also require a yearly subscription to do so. The plug appears to be a 2.1A, and has no problem maintaining your phone’s battery. I don’t THIINK it is qualcommm quickcharge compatable though. The only thing I thought was lame was that the charging tray is useless because I’m always plugged in for android auto. Good idea, bad practicality without wireless android auto. Perhaps they were planning to add that next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts