Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2021 Kia Soul S keeps the USB port on even after the car has shut down. The problem is I have an Android Auto dongle that - if left in the port - will continue to drain the car's battery. Is there a way to turn that USB off when the car is off, and on only when the car is running?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Just like around the house, , , UNPlug things you're not using, Just a thought!
There are always several things in your car that are actually powered up even when you've turned the engine off and walked away.

Happy Labor Day, Y'all!
:cool:

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
385 Posts
Try locking your doors if you do not. I noticed that mine will stay energized if the doors are not locked with the same MA1 module, but locking the doors it will shut down. As others have said though, better just to unplug it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our 2021 Kia Soul S keeps the USB port on even after the car has shut down. The problem is I have an Android Auto dongle that - if left in the port - will continue to drain the car's battery. Is there a way to turn that USB off when the car is off, and on only when the car is running?
I tested the Motorola MA1 dongle and then a tiny led Christmas tree :) - both turned off after 3 minutes. Have you tried timing your port? My Soul is a 2021 EX

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I must admit that I had no idea what an MA1 is, till I Googled it. So it has to plug into some USB port for its power.
Don't you have even one port on your car, that goes dead when you turn off your car?
If that port is a Cig Lighter port then get a lighter plug to USB (phone charger) adapter. They are not expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I must admit that I had no idea what an MA1 is, till I Googled it. So it has to plug into some USB port for its power.
Don't you have even one port on your car, that goes dead when you turn off your car?
If that port is a Cig Lighter port then get a lighter plug to USB (phone charger) adapter. They are not expensive.
Not just any USB port, but the media USB port. Mine turns off so I imagine hers does too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts