Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young Soul and I went to a place here in Markham where they sell alternative weather mats to those of Weathertech.

These are available for the Soul 2010 and 2011 (don't know about the 2012 being different)

These are 3D contour mats that fit perfectly to the sides of the floor area. They are deep and are water proof. They are made of plastic and material, not as thick as the weathertech rubber mats.

They come in Black only, for the Soul and come in a 5 piece set (2 Front 3D mats plus 2 rear 3D mats plus a piece that goes over the hump in between the 2 rear floors.

The good thing is that with the 13% tax, it came to $66 for ALL 5 pieces.
The Bad thing is that the seller only had 3 Soul sets available. He sold a set on Saturday and he sold the last 2 Soul sets to Drew and I. HE told us that he is getting a larger shipment in the New Year (he said 1-1/2 month)

If they get dirty, you simply hose them off.

Even though their website show Tan and Grey colors, they are only available in Black for now. New colors will start showing up in the New Year.

PS, they also make mats for all vehicle types.

They are from:

Findway Canada Inc. - Home - Car floor mat, Auto floor mat, Custom car floor mat, Trunk mat, Custom trunk mat

They are located at:
7321 Victoria Park Ave. Unit 10
Markham, ON.,L3R 2Z8, Canada

Contact: Eugene Wei (Note..he can barely speak English and is hard to understand but after you ask him to repeat himself, you beging to understand)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. These are not at all like I thought. These look carpeted. Weathertech are just a plastic material. Maybe these would keep that melted snow off of your pants?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
hard to tell on the photos, but how much of the dead pedal does it cover and it doesn't appear to have any snaps to hold it in place.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
It looks like it is covering the dead pedal in the pictures. The weathertechs for the 2010 only goes up 2 inches on the dead pedal. Probably the only thing I don't like about them.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It covers the dead pedal and it has small velcro stips on the back to hold them in place. It doesn't matter if nothing hold them in place..They aren't going anywhere as they fit perfectly to the floor and have no place to move.

As i said Heather, it has material on it..plastic texture. Totally waterproof..

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
i really like the carpeted appearance - a whole lot classier than shiny plasticized rubber (or rubberized plastic) - probably quieter also -

marc - did you notice how stiff they were - could you pull one out loaded with snow and not have it fold up and spill ?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fernando, it is semi rigid..You would probably need both hands to hold it up without spilling..just my guess as I haven't tried it yet ;) still no snow here :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, forgot to mention, these are odorless, they do not have that weathertech rubber smell. They do not smell anything :)

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
fernando, it is semi rigid..You would probably need both hands to hold it up without spilling..just my guess as I haven't tried it yet ;) still no snow here :)
i'd assume, then, they're much like the weathertech units as far as rigidity is concerned - the w/t's need two hands for support when loaded with snow or mud (or whatever) -

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Also, forgot to mention, these are odorless, they do not have that weathertech rubber smell. They do not smell anything :)
Weathertech's don't have a smell. They are an extruded material not rubber and are guaranteed. Yours are less then half the price though!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh. ok the Weathertechs have no smell..sorry My mistake. All the other Rubber floor mats have this horrid smell to them but these 3D mats have no smell to them whatsoever :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
this thread should make Jimmy Straightjacket happy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In case it helps anyone, I emailed the seller of these mats to ask about availability and shipping. Here's the response I received...keep in mind, this is shipping to my zip code in Michigan.
" Thank you for your inquiring.
We do the custom floor mats(F518 Style) for 2010,2011 Kia Soul, it maybe fit 2012 Kia Soul. but it is not available in stock now. it will be available around end of Dec.2012
The price is $59.00 for full set(2 rows)
Shipping Fee: $36.00"

I'm hoping when he said end of December 2012 that he actually meant 2011, otherwise that's a very, very long wait!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He means the end of 2011..which would coincide with what he told me on Sunday..another 1-1/2 month before his next shipment.
He also said than in the new shipment, they will have the beige/tan ones and the grey ones as well as the black ones, like mine :)

1 - 20 of 204 Posts