Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone has more knowledge than I do in this area. I need to be well informed when I go to the repair shop.

My Soul hit a deer on Mothers day and was repaired by the dealership that I purchased it from. After the first long road trip that I took (with a/c running) I parked the car and the next day there was an awful odor in the car. I lifted the floor mats and the carpet was soaked. Now there are white marks from the water all over the carpet going up the walls of the area that your feet go. I also am feeling water drip on my feet as I drive. When I called the dealer's body shop they are trying to tell me that something could be blocked causing the water to drip inside and that the car needs to go to the service department. They are trying to say that this happens sometimes. I believe that something was missed in the repair since the car is only 2.5 years old and this never happened even when it was summer last year.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
are you saying there is water dripping on the driver's side area and not the passengers side? usually the a/c will drip on the passengers side if the drain is not connected correctly. Also check to see if the drain is function correctly doesn't take much use of a/c to find out.

I would run water (under low pressure) slowly in the vent area below the windshield and see if you can see anything dripping inside.

Not sure on the older models but here is the location of my a/c drain through the firewall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
answer 1

Actually the drips I felt on my feet were when I was driving. When we opened the car after it had been parked for 24 hours and smelled the bad odor, I looked under the mat on the passenger side and that is where the carpet was soaked. I did not look under the drivers side floor mat. So, unless the water is traveling, it is dripping on both sides.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
if it smells bad then it could have been there for some time. Certainly sounds like it could be a problem from the repair, but I have no idea to what extent the repair was done. Would it have been extensive enough to have effected that area of the vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

We were going about 60-65 mph and the deer ran into the front left wheel. $4200 in damage. Air bags did not go off. I know they replaced a lot of parts under the wheel well after I suggested that they do an alignment since the car was hit from the side. There is probably a parts list with the paperwork from the repair. I guess I feel that it has to be from the accident since there were no leaks prior to it. The body shop guy mentioned that it might be a service type issue and that the drain could be clogged. I find this hard to believe when the car is only 2.5 years old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a heavy rain on New Year's Day my KIA Soul had wetness inside: drivers seatbelt while hanging suspended, drivers floorboard, passanger dashboard.

I cannot find the source of the leak. The wetness has remained for several days and I'm not sure how to explain that: slow drying due to high humidity and cool temperature? continueing source of water (A/C not used in winter)? Perhaps there's a pool of water somewhere in front of the dash that continues to leak.

Also, because the leak appeared suddenly after a freeze....perhaps a seal was broken by freezing temperatures. I've had the car for 18 months, no problem. Exterior was rebuilt ($9,000) after severe hail damage.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow to discuss it with them. By the other posts it seems there may be a recurring problem with the car, but apparently quite rare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts