Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped all the OEM speakers out with nice aftermarket on my 2021 LX. Sounds better, but not by much. Bass roll off is still there, lack of bass in general. Amp and sub was next. Now I’m thinking to amp the speakers as well. Has anyone done it yet? Looking for guidance.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Swapped all the OEM speakers out with nice aftermarket on my 2021 LX. Sounds better, but not by much. Bass roll off is still there, lack of bass in general. Amp and sub was next. Now I’m thinking to amp the speakers as well. Has anyone done it yet? Looking for guidance.
It's not difficult to do, what you want to do. Take the speaker feed from the head unit, run it through a line converter, run that into an amp, then run out of the amp to the speakers. It's more time consuming than anything else but there's nothing complicated about it; I've done it on plenty of vehicles. The problem is there's just not enough power output from head units to accomplish what you're looking for, which is why you will need an amp.

Audio improvements in OEM systems tends to be all or nothing. You can usually work with the head unit but cheap OEM speakers are just fine in an OEM system because they're not handling much power or dynamic load, so when you change them out you don't really see any improvement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts