Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul EX. Sparkling Silver. Black/Gray interior.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my '21 EX for two weeks and finally got around to installing HUD. I always install one in my vehicles for the convenience of being able to keep my eyes ahead. It plugs into the OBDII port, so no splicing wires. I purchased this particular model from Amazon two years ago and had it in my Fiat 500X I traded in on the Soul. The Fiat did not have the auto start/stop feature and never noticed until setting it up in the Soul there's a setting for this feature as well so it doesn't shut off when the engine is cycling.
It's served me well. You can toggle through the screens for coolant temp, voltage, etc. but I specifically purchased this one for the clean, non-fussy display. It also has a night sensor and adjusts the display automatically as well. It's well worth $30 to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed I hit 250 miles today too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What model is this?
Here it is. I purchased in March 2019, but when I pulled up my history it shows not available. I’ve owned 2 other models in my other vehicles and all have functioned basically the same. The others have displayed other information simultaneously, and I chose this one specifically for default screen only being speed and tach. If shopping for one now, I’d filter results to 4+ stars and read the reviews.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No heat issues. I was afraid of the same thing, but I’ve had one in one of my cars for 3 years and never had an issue.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, IVT
64 Posts
No heat issues here either. I've had one in my Element for 4 years with no troubles at all and wouldn't be without it as the gauges on that car are in a deep dark tunnel. Lower left windshield is the position I settled on and I cut the 'one way mirror' pad so it is just the size needed for the display in that location. I seldom get to drive our Soul so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts