Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone upgrading too? Or are you staying stock? I have the reg red lettering glow from the factory radio. Would be awesome to have apple car play in there and use the existing USB port in ther. Just curious who has what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Kenwood DMX7705S

IMG_20180802_124458.jpg

Reactions: kpayton and GeoSoul

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,409 Posts
Looks very nice soullover. Does it have Android Auto/Apple CarPlay?

I was curious if you can voice command this unit?

Thx for pic.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does look cool. Did your steering wheel controls carry over with it??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep it does have both apple play and android auto. It does accept voice controls and to retain steering wheel controls you need a idatalink maestro RR. You spend $1100 on a radio you all bells and whistles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep it does have both apple play and android auto. It does accept voice controls and to retain steering wheel controls you need a idatalink maestro RR. You spend $1100 on a radio you all bells and whistles.
Dayum. 1100 is a bit rich for me but I agree for that kind of cash it better do what you want it too

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Welcome on board. In answer to your question, it depends on what year. The newer cars come with Car Play and Android Auto, and with a smart phone one can use its nav system or one such as Wave for navigation. Some of the slightly older radios can have those programs added to them, I think. But I have a 2013 base and cannot add a Nav to it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

Aftermarket is the best way to go IMO.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
can you add a kia nav system to one that only has a radio in it now plug and play
This has been asked answered before, this is not a simple swap the harness is different actually there are harness missing that plug into the Nav unit. The roof antenna is not compatible. One member over on the Hyundai forums spent months jury rigging harness and wiring in order to facilitate a similar swap. I believe he got most of the functions, but this is not a swap for the average DIY. The Hyundai uses a similar nav unit. If you want Nav. go aftermarket.

Pat.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up paying for satellite radio in my gen 1 and couldn’t be happier. 6.00 a month and it does exactly what I want it to do. I have my phone for Navi and satellite radio for my jams perfecto. Would Apple car play be nice yes but when your a husband and a dad of two 800.00 doesn’t grow on trees :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
im looking at that Kenwood dnx994s

Anyone know if I can use the factory sirius antenna with it? Or do I have to buy a new one?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
^^^^^The factory antenna works just fine with my aftermarket head unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts