Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright please be kind when replying. I already got slaughtered in a Facebook group for my Wiring job. Im old school so bare with me.

Installed my sons Subs and Amp in a 2011 Kia Soul - Things have been working fine for almost 6 months. Here as of recent the subs stopped. Checked the amp and three lights are flashing. Started doing some troubleshooting. Seems to be an issue with the remote wire. I disconnected the remote wire and jumped a wire from remote to 12 volt so the amp was always hot and its fine. Now here comes where I got lynched in the Facebook group. I ran the remote wire into the fuse panel. I guess thats a no no in todays world. 20 years ago it was fine.

First question is where do you run the remote wire to? Whats the best way? I have a picture of the fuse panel where I ran the remote wire too but Im a little gun shy on the post after getting killed the in the group.

Edit - This is on a factory head unit so there is no "Remote Wire" coming off the unit itself. The Kia Soul does have an amp in the rear so if there is a wire I can splice off of for a remote wire I would love it!

· Banned
163 Posts
some of steps follow for the
market amp install

1. Step 1: Disconnect the Car Battery. ...
  2. Step 2: Mount the Amp. ...
  3. Step 3: Install the Power Wire. ...
  4. Step 4: Install the Fuse Holder. ...
  5. Step 5: Connect the Power Wire. ...
  6. Step 6: Install the Ground Wire. ...
  7. Step 7: Plug in RCA, Speaker, and Remote Turn-On Leads. ...
  8. Step 8: Turn It On.

· Registered
533 Posts
First question is where do you run the remote wire to? Whats the best way? I have a picture of the fuse panel where I ran the remote wire too but Im a little gun shy on the post after getting killed the in the group.

Edit - This is on a factory head unit so there is no "Remote Wire" coming off the unit itself. The Kia Soul does have an amp in the rear so if there is a wire I can splice off of for a remote wire I would love it!
Facebook groups can be brutal. As long as you run the remote wire to a switched 12v source I think you're ok. That part of the amp draws so little current I doubt it'd be a problem. Ideally you want it to go somewhere that follows head unit power though. I assume that since you have to pull signal from the factory head unit, whatever line level output converter you're using should have an output for amplifier turn on, right? Otherwise these may help- not sure if your Soul is pre-wired for an amp or not:

Maybe in that last link that goes to a 1st gen Soul stereo wiring diagram- pick up the A18 pin position for the power antenna?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts