Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure if this belongs here or in general discussion, so sorry about the double-post.
I have just initiated an R&D process to get a high performance, high quality lowering springs set for Kia Soul manufactured this side of the ocean.

A local company Canuck Motorsports (www.canuckmotorsports.com) who have for years developed and manufactured quality suspension components for just about any performance-oriented vehicle out there is willing to get lowering springs for our soul on the market very, very soon. I'm in direct contact with the people behind the name and our project is well on track.

I am very, very excited about this, as I've used their setup on my Mazda3 for the last 5 years and have nothing but praise about the stuff. You don't have to take my word for it - google them up and see what others have to say.

They have been supplying just about all of the local Mazda3 community and their product has been recognized as THE economical alternative to ANY big brand names out there offering superior quality for a fraction of the cost.

We are looking at 1-1.25" drop and 15% stiffness increase. This will be comparable with the existing kit from Korea, but for about 1/2 price.
I cannot stress it enough - we are talking QUALITY stuff, made on site with best available steel and in the reliable old-school fashion. This is not chip racer-boy crap. After me visiting their shop and spending time with the owner I for one will be trusting those guys with my car without any hesitation.

Based on my experience with the company from my past with Mazda, group buys with very attractive prices are definitely a possibility. I also think it would be good to have people like that on our side, so moderators and admins: how about creating a sponsors section on the forum and allowing for some advertising?

I will keep you posted with the progress.
Kris

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the other thread under the same title has been moved to this subforum, could this one be deleted?
Thanks,
Kris

·
Registered
845 Posts
so moderators and admins: how about creating a sponsors section on the forum and allowing for some advertising?

I will keep you posted with the progress.
Kris
keep us updated i have been on admin's butt about getting some of these awesome features were all used to on other forums trying to get sponsorship section premium membership and the likes im on here constantly so pm me and i'll pass along all information to admin

the code is being sourced/written/acquired so thats the main hold up don't worry admin will get it hooked up so we won't look like a bunch of posers

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would definitely be interested, however, I'll probably splurge on whoever gets to market with lowering springs first.
I think there is a good chance that these guys will have a finished product on the market before anyone else (except of course for the Storm springs from Korea, which are available now).
Kris

·
Registered
838 Posts
Kris,

H&R has just come out with a 1.3"/1.5" drop spring set for the Soul.
I have a set on my Aveo. For two years now. Love them, progressive rate. Ride is excellent, corners hard and tight.
Go here to check them out...

www.hrsprings.com/

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pulled out from that deal. I'm not doing any mechanical modifications to the car before warranty expires. They're still developing the springs AFAIK and will let me know when those are ready.
Honestly, I was thinking that they'd be done by now, but since I'm not going to be lowering my car anymore, I'm not really worried too much about their progress...
Kris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts