Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very important tip for a prospective buyer that saved me $$$

Hey you! Yes you! The guy looking around on the internet searching for information on buying a Kia Soul. I was you a few months ago. Listen up because I have a very important tip for buying your lightly used Kia Soul.

Quite often dealers list the trim of their Souls incorrectly. You see so many "Kia Soul Sport" listings on cars.com that are the base or + model it's ridiculous. You have to be careful.

These dealers either
A. Don't know what they are doing. :confused:
B. Don't care what they are doing. :rolleyes:
C. Are intentionally trying to deceive the buyer. :mad:

HOWEVER, this goes both ways. I purchased a Soul! model that was simply listed as a "Kia Soul" in the description, with no mention of a sunroof. I called the dealer specifically to ask whether the car had a sunroof and found out it was a ! model, but not priced accordingly. Bingo! I found my car.

The easiest way to tell the difference between the trims by the dealer photos is the seats.

Completely blank seats = base model

"Soul" print seats = + model

Houndstooth Cloth seats (looks like a white and black checker pattern from a distance in pictures = ! model

Red and Black seats = Sport model

Also, familiarize yourself with the standard features on each Soul via Kiasoul.com You'll be able to tell right away based on thing like wheel size, color of the dash, etc. what trim Soul you are looking at.

Checking for a used soul on the internet sites? Open every ad. You just might find a car mislisted in your favor. I sure did. The dealer is not out to help you. You have to help yourself. Become an expert on Soul trims. You just might save thousands. :D

Now get out there and find your Soul!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our salesman knew quite a bit about the different trims of Souls. We had researched on the internet and knew all about them, too, so it was a refreshing change to have a salesman know his product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts