Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 KIA Soul, Base (Modding), 6-Speed, Bright Silver
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of repairing my interior in the Soul. I have a 2017 base with a black interior. The black pieces to the rear doors and rear cargo were scratched up pretty roughly when I got her and I'd like to get her looking nicer. My wife thinks I am OCD, but I just like my cars looking well-cared for and not worn out. :)

My process:

I started sanding down scratches and filling in some holes with an interior repair product , and I have some grain pads to match the original. So the repairs are looking good so far.

The next step is what I am thinking is to uniformly feather in a black paint instead of just spot painting-- I think freshening up the whole panel would look better.

My question is, the interior is somewhere between a flat and glossy. Which of these paints should I go with?

Flat black
or
Gloss black

I was thinking Flat black, and then just dressing it up with an interior dressing as used on the dash and front doors / using the interior dressing to create the actual gloss?

Maybe I should post pics of the before and after result, in case it helps someone do the same project later.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
I vote flat black. I think you'll regret glossy.

Reactions: Jax17Soulster

·
Registered
2019 Soul+ w/ Primo Package
137 Posts
I would recommend this line of products; specifically the 15243 satin black.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Soul, Base (Modding), 6-Speed, Bright Silver
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would recommend this line of products; specifically the 15243 satin black.
Thank you so much SmoovC! I never thought about a satin! Buying this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts