Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my wife and I had our accident in Big Red on June 7th, the one area that neither of us were injured, was our Neck! Those cool Soul Multi-Adjustable Headrests, really do work!

I've been mildly rear-ended in a few crashes, over the last 30+ years that I've been driving. Most were from a Slow-Roll Impact, and never caused any neck injury.

When we were hit a couple of weeks ago, we were at a complete STOP, with my foot still on the Brake. The lady behind us, nailed us at 45mph, driving a 2004 Cadillac Deville. The impact knocked us 80-feet, off of the roadway, over the curb, and into the grass. Can you even imagine, what kind of neck injury we may have sustained, had we not adjusted our Headrests properly?

I'm 6'1", and my wife is 5'2". My Headrest is always at its highest setting, and my wife's is always at the lowest. The fact that the Headrests also adjust Forward/Backward, allowed us to tweak it a little closer to our head, without actually having our head touch the Headrest. THIS..... is what saved us from severe Neck Injuries!

PLEASE ADJUST YOUR HEADRESTS!

The following info, is directly from the 2012 Soul Owner's Manual, Page 3-6:

Headrest:

The driver's and front passenger's seats are equipped with a headrest for the occupant's safety and comfort. The headrest not only provides comfort for the driver and front passenger, but also helps protect the head and neck in the event of a collision. For maximum effectiveness in case of an accident, the headrest should be adjusted so the middle of the headrest is at the same height of the center of gravity of an occupant's head. Generally, the center of gravity of most people's head is similar with the height of the top of their eyes. Also, adjust the headrest as close to your head as possible. For this reason, the use of a cushion that holds the body away from the seatback is not recommended.

Forward and Rearward Adjustment:

The headrest may be adjusted forward to 4 different positions by pulling the headrest forward to the desired detent. To adjust the headrest to it’s furthest rearward position, pull it fully forward to the farthest position and release it. Adjust the headrest so that it properly supports
the head and neck.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts