Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Adding Steering Wheel Controls via ASWC-1

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  John Lord 
#1 ·
I recently installed a new Kenwood DDX9702S head unit into my 2014 Soul+, and when I did so, I lost the steering wheel controls. I picked up an Axxess ASWC-1 unit to add them back in, and it works for the most part. If I let it auto-detect the car and head unit, it nails every button. However, I don't want to use the Mode button for mode switching. I want to use it for Play/Enter. I went through the manual setup several times, and I can't get it to take the Play/Enter setting. As it stands right now, it just does nothing (still better than accidentally switching modes), but I can't figure out what I've been doing wrong. Everything is obviously hooked up right, otherwise the other buttons wouldn't work, but following the instructions in the manual, I just can't get it to take Play/Enter. Anyone here have any experience doing this? I'm fairly new at doing car installs of any kind; I had someone else install the head unit and I've added back SiriusXM and the steering wheel controls myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.