Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Soul with folding mirrors, turn indicators are on the mirrors.
Can I install 2015 side marker turn signals along with them?
Yes, it would take some tapping into the wires.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
On my list of MODS too...

You are not the only one to want that. My plan is to have both mirror signal and fender side marker signals. On my 05 SCION XB, I tapped into the parking lights behind the headlights so my side markers stayed on when parking lights were on, yet they blinked opposite of the four corner lights.
That was a VIVID visual signal of intent. When not signalling, these side markers seemed to annoy other drivers on either side of me, they will surge ahead or fall behind so as to not have to see these LED's. So, I was driving all alone on the highway and that is the way I want it! Many cars up ahead, many cars behind, but no one willing to be exposed to the light.

On our SOUL's, the parking lights are made so that when the removable bulb socket is turned into place, the connection is made. In other words, I do not know how to 'TAP' into that. However, behind our headlights, we have a bunch of wires.
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/attach...p-into-parking-lights-2015-05-17-19.37.42.jpg
Someone with a tester needs to tell us what color the parking lights are, so we can TAP into it to light our side markers.
I have one base type marker and I am looking for the passenger side. You can get base type side markers but we also need the oval connector with wires. My KIA dealer had no wiring in their documentation.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
WOW! You misread my intent.

Rick Busby
"Someone with a tester NEEDS to tell us"? Someone NEEDS to buy a $5 tester and figure it out. I'd tell you what wire it is if your intent wasn't to annoy other drivers.

I intent to send a VIVID VISUAL SIGNAL (as required by law), If other drivers avoid aftermarket lighting, that is not my fault. I think that it is the side markers, but it could be my ugly looks or my ugly car that they are avoiding, would that make you feel better, Busby?

I am old enough to remember when people would share information on friendly boards without assuming evil intent.

Thanks for your contribution Busty!

·
Registered
479 Posts
You can run them. Pop out the plastic piece where the markers go and see if the plug for side markers is there, you might just need to plug the new markers in. If not, it's be easier to run the wires up to the headlight and tap in right there. I've done it before on other cars and it's really easy.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
WOW! You misread my intent.

Rick Busby
"Someone with a tester NEEDS to tell us"? Someone NEEDS to buy a $5 tester and figure it out. I'd tell you what wire it is if your intent wasn't to annoy other drivers.

I intent to send a VIVID VISUAL SIGNAL (as required by lawyers), If other drivers avoid aftermarket lighting, that is not my fault. I think that it is the side markers, but it could be my ugly looks or my ugly car that they are avoiding, would that make you feel better, Busby?

I am old enough to remember when people would share information on friendly boards without assuming evil intent.

Thanks for your contribution Busty!

My pleasure!

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
I tried that...

Sinbad7, I did pop off both side markers. Now I have a 2014 Plus, (mirror signals) and I could not see any sign of a wiring harness down there. I wish it were that easy. Has anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Seems excessive to me. Be glad you've got the mirror repeaters. Side vent/markers AND mirror repeaters might look confusing/irritating to some,esp if they're stopped next to you with mucho-flasho going off in their periphial.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
New Product.....

Day444....
Look at this item that has appeared on e-bay:

2 x White Amber LED Side Marker Lights Matte Black Turn Signal Door Driving Lamp | eBay

An after market generic side marker with an amber signal light, white running light, and a 'door open' puddle light. The size is not correct for our side marker fender slot, but if the black housing were removed, this bulb/LED might just fit into our side markers. I have had our side markers out and that silver 'SOUL' badge can be unscrewed and removed. About the right size hole for this bulb/LED to go into. It has wires to tap into parking/signal lights and door open (dome) lights.
Take a look... I am considering it.

NOTE: Use a plastic pry tool to remove the side marker, it takes some force as there are 5 clips holding it in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts