Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has done this?

I've seen a couple of kits that are marked specifically with "2017" that according to their instructions won't work with 2014-2016 models. May be just a switch thing but I'm concerned more about the lamp housings themselves since the 2017! optional fogs appear to use LEDs.

Also the 2017 owner's manual mentions removing the "bumper undercover" to access the fogs for changing lamp bulbs. I'm guessing this is inside cover forward of the front wheels? If so, might this be the easiest way to add the housings on this model?

Have searched the forum and elsewhere but most of the information and pictures I've found seem to be Gen 1's.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
That makes sense since the 2017 model uses a different front bumper grill from 2014-16. The housing (sizing) might be slightly different.

Probably everything after installing the fog lights, up to replacing the turn signal controller on the steering column with one that has fog light control would be the same.

If you decide to do this, I know alot of folks would appreciate a full step-by-step write up with photos!

Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No pictures but I can report that dropping the bumper undercover will provide enough room to install replacement lights - at least on the passenger side, if one uses care to get past the washer reservoir and wiring. No report on the driver's side because I didn't try it.

On removing the filler part from the bumper it was clear that it used four screws while the earlier model lamp housing I had (obtained from amazon, product B00O7M72NA) only used three. Even so, I wiggled the new lamp housing approximately into place and found that there was no way I could see that either the three screws or the lens would ever line up properly with the locations vacated by the filler.

Bottom line: OEM Kia fog lamps part numbers 92201 B2010 and 92202 B2010 (left/right) do not appear to fit the 2017 Base Kia Soul properly even though the vendor said they would when asked. As a result I will be returning these to Amazon.

(edit) on additional research it appears the correct numbers for the 2017 Base are 92201 B2500 and 92202 B2500 (left/right); hope that helps someone else. (/edit)

(edit 2) and it appears from some sources that the above part number may have actually changed on 2016 models (/edit)

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Good information Sanford.

One other thing I found out on pre 2017 Gen 2 models is the **B2010 numbers were only valid for production dates up tp 11/2013 (early Gen 2s). After that they became **B2020.

It looks like for 2017 they are **B2500

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll find out - have a pair on order.
... or not. The eBay seller has notified me that he doesn't have the connectors available. If it's an unusual connector, not the same as previous versions, don't know what I want to buy lights I may end up unable to use. Supposed to follow up with me next week, waiting to see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also interested to find out if I can just add fog lights as my Daylight runners and not have to wire the steering wheel. Is that possible?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been a while - I now have the lights and connectors that both appear to be correct. I've not had the nerve to remove the front bumper cover to install them yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am also interested to find out if I can just add fog lights as my Daylight runners and not have to wire the steering wheel. Is that possible?
You could tap into your fuse box with "add a circuit fuse taps" just use a 12v port that comes on with your car like the ACC slot.

Test the tap before you fully intall the fogs to make sure you don't trip one of the fuses on the tap (it uses two as a saftly) and that it illuminates fully. Just get a h8 bulb and plug (amazon), connect it to the tap, then plug it into the ACC slot.
If it turn on, victory! If not, you spent $18.

If you don't want to tap a line and solder a connection I can't see why this wouldn't work... i feel like there should be a harness for this though ^_^;

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's been a while - I now have the lights and connectors that both appear to be correct. I've not had the nerve to remove the front bumper cover to install them yet.
Bumper is easy.

1. Pop out the little plastic plugs under the bumper and along the top where the hood closes. Also, there is one in each wheel well.

2. Remove headlights. Unscrew the three bolts on each. Unplug connections. Driver's side one has a diagnostics port, pop that off. Pull headlights forward to remove.

3. Unscrew the remaining 2 10mm bolts on top of bumper where hood closes in front.

4. Remove 1 screw in each wheel well where the number panel meets the next panel.

5. Pop out clips at the same seem from step 4. I just pull from the inner side out. Gentle wiggle or tap if it doesnt pop right out.

6. Pull bumber up and forward from front to pop out the clips that were under headlights. And set down on a a blanket or towel.

I have had to do this several times now. first time sucked but now i can have it off in 10min.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Test the tap before you fully intall the fogs to make sure you don't trip one of the fuses on the tap (it uses two as a saftly) and that it illuminates fully. Just get a h8 bulb and plug (amazon), connect it to the tap, then plug it into the ACC slot.
If it turn on, victory! If not, you spent $18.
It took way too long to realize you meant just buy a bulb and connector to try the tap... was in a "Don't I need a housing also?" moment. lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
NO! There is NO fog light wiring unless you ordered your soul with fog lights. Our Souls are not pre-wired as some cars are. Wire your fog lights to an after market dashboard switch. Otherwise, you must replace the light stalk with one with a fog light setting. The stalk is $45 on e-bay, but lighted rocker switches are cheap. E-bay has O.E.M. Soul fog lights for about $108.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts